Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Context and intent matter.

That's exactly why the guilty verdict is so concerning to a lot of people Mark, the court apparently didn't take the context and intent (a joke/prank video) into consideration. It was also Police Scotland who made the complaint not an, 'offended individual'.

1 minute ago, scotspine1 said:

That's exactly why the guilty verdict is so concerning to a lot of people Mark, they apparently didn't take the context and intent (a joke/prank video) into consideration. It was also Police Scotland who made the complaint not an, 'offended individual'.

I agree.

As far as I'm aware the only crime to be got at when speaking your mind or offering up your opinions is incitement..

Did this video have the potential to incite violence?...

I doubt it. seems the only people worried was some halfwit PC moron with nothing better to do than work himself up on behalf of the those they imagined an offence had taken place..

plus a judge who hasn't got a brain cell beyond the original doubling he got for free at conception.. what a prick..

The crime here is not uploading a video done in poor taste, but the agenda of the New Nazi's masquerading as public servants.

How did these cowards get the jobs they have?...  why have they not been rooted out and booted out..   scumbags..

Tommy Robinson...         decent fella who don't know when to keep his mouth shut or what to say when it opens.

Even so, I'd rather Tommy Robinson than those two craven cowards who went out their way to convict a bloke for fkin about with his girlfriends pet dog.  

and why we're about it, these types of cowards are exactly what happened when Salman Rushdie published the Satic Verses..

Instead of the book being seen as a novel as it was, these types would of hunted Rushdie down for incitement and handed him over to the Muslim mob..   the lowest level of scumbaggery and craven cowardice only comes from those going out their way to defend the feeling of others..  virtue signally pieces of shit..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mesterh said:
Stupid thing for them to say. Are they saying it is OK to walk up to a child and shout obscenities at them as that is what free speech is in their eyes?

I dont believe in free speech, there are a lot of stupid people out there, we dont need to know what they think.  

If you don't need to know what they think don't listen to them. This whole thing is a step to far. It's cases like this where you start to see how our government and police and clamping down on our human right to be able to express ourselves.
If this is the beginning where does it stop exactly? Sounds very Draconian to me

Edited by Jamespepperpot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

As far as I'm aware the only crime to be got at when speaking your mind or offering up your opinions is incitement..

Did this video have the potential to incite violence?...

I doubt it. seems the only people worried was some halfwit PC moron with nothing better to do than work himself up on behalf of the those they imagined an offence had taken place..

plus a judge who hasn't got a brain cell beyond the original doubling he got for free at conception.. what a prick..

The crime here is not uploading a video done in poor taste, but the agenda of the New Nazi's masquerading as public servants.

How did these cowards get the jobs they have?...  why have they not been rooted out and booted out..   scumbags..

Tommy Robinson...         decent fella who don't know when to keep his mouth shut or what to say when it opens.

Even so, I'd rather Tommy Robinson than those two craven cowards who went out their way to convict a bloke for fkin about with his girlfriends pet dog.  

and why we're about it, these types of cowards are exactly what happened when Salman Rushdie published the Satic Verses..

Instead of the book being seen as a novel as it was, these types would of hunted Rushdie down for incitement and handed him over to the Muslim mob..   the lowest level of scumbaggery and craven cowardice only comes from those going out their way to defend the feeling of others..  virtue signally pieces of shit..

Good to have you back Vesp! Yome rested, recharged and fully firing on all cylinders!!!  ?

• Like 1

So how big a problem are plastics?

It's all over the news at the moment and RobD has his thread going about environmentally friendly packaging. Yes I have seen the pictures of plastics in the seas and yes it's a disgusting mess but are UK residents contributing to this much?

I presume we have good disposal system here and if we chuck some plastic in the bin it does not end in the sea. Looked up how much oil is used in the production of plastics and it's not a big percentage and only a small part of the percentage is packaging.

I am all for being environmentally friendly but think plastics are a smokescreen for our real long term problems. Great I used 200g less plastic today but drove 150 miles in a truck doing 25 MPG and sit in a centrally heated home at 21C O.o

The graph below shows the distribution of oil use

oil graph.jpg

Edited by Woodworks

37 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I don't think that it's so much to do with the production of plastics, more to do with the fact that they don't decompose and end up polluting everywhere. Reading snippets here and there, they are being found everywhere, in the oceans, food chains etc etc.

Surely they dont end up everywhere now. We put it in a bin and it then goes to a council depot that either recycles it or burry it in a clay lined hole. The later is clearly not ideal but neither should end up with plastics everywhere. Have massive fines for litter louts to stop plastics being disposed of incorrectly. What goes on internationally my well be a different matter.