Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

If you attend protests called 'unite rhe right' carrying Nazi flags and give Nazi salutes I think you can be classed as a Nazi.

You're appearing to conjoin attending the rally with carrying the flag there Mr E.  What if you attended the rally, a perfectly lawful and reasonable right, but didn't carry the flag.

(applies equally to all sectors of the political spectrum attending a lawful rally)

If a person attended a "Free Palestine" rally would that make them Hezbollah?

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You're appearing to conjoin attending the rally with carrying the flag there Mr E.  What if you attended the rally, a perfectly lawful and reasonable right, but didn't carry the flag.

(applies equally to all sectors of the political spectrum attending a lawful rally)

If a person attended a "Free Palestine" rally would that make them Hezbollah?

I'm not conjoining the two. I have no problem with lawful protesting....... I've done a bit over the years.....

I just can't see how anyone can defend what went on in Charlottesville by suggesting that the car used as a deadly weapon was someone panicked trying to get out of the situation.

In short, if they carry Natzi flags, chant Nazi slogans they can be classed as fascist, Nazi b@stards.

I'd like to think that you know I would, and do feel the same about the idiots that turned up at that rally armed with bats and iron bars.

15 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

If you attend protests called 'unite the right' carrying Nazi flags and give Nazi salutes I think you can be classed as a Nazi.

The diffence between me and you, matelot is I don't try to defend the far left, while you do try to defend the far right.

anyone who can't see what you are would have to be blind.

The thing is though, the political left don't really have any good arguments so they try to shout down debate by shouting "nazi" and "far right". You really think petty insults makes people vote the way you want? 

If you left wing supporters don't want more Trumps and Brexits you'll have to start getting some decent arguments...

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm defending the far right.. I'm just pointing out the fairly obvious lies that the mainstream media and politicians are telling the electorate. Trump is telling the truth when he says both sides are violent at the Virginia protests.  Or do you disagree with that? Or maybe you think violence against Trump supporters is justified?

I expected from you than using the "Nazi" argument...

8 minutes ago, matelot said:

The thing is though, the political left don't really have any good arguments so they try to shout down debate by shouting "nazi" and "far right". You really think petty insults makes people vote the way you want? 

If you left wing supporters don't want more Trumps and Brexits you'll have to start getting some decent arguments...

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm defending the far right.. I'm just pointing out the fairly obvious lies that the mainstream media and politicians are telling the electorate. Trump is telling the truth when he says both sides are violent at the Virginia protests.  Or do you disagree with that? Or maybe you think violence against Trump supporters is justified?

I expected from you than using the "Nazi" argument...

Before you get carried away I voted out on Brexit, I also don't think Trump will last his full term, time will tell on that one.

You've posted links from MSM here before that you agreed with.

Trump changed his tune when the people didn't like what he first came out with. His second speech was totally different and read from an auto script.

I will call people that carry Nazi flags and chant Nazi slogans Nazis.

I can't see how that can be wrong.

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

You've posted links from MSM here before that you agreed with.

Sometimes the media tell the truth and sometimes they don't. I can go onto YouTube and I can see countless videos that show both sides at Virginia are violent. Should I ignore the videos I see and just believe what the BBC tells me? Do you think both sides at Virginia are violent? 

Obviously there are some Nazis at Virginia and I think we'd all consider them a bunch of *a* holes. However I bet most of the "right" supporters are fairly decent people. Do you ignore one side of the argument because there are some *a* holes on that side? 

The media obviously hate Trump. I just see this as another episode in the media's war against Trump. 

11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

nothin wrong with that, the difference between you and some on the far left, antifar for instance is they went to that protest to violently confront the members from the alt right..  

It seems to be lost by the mainstream media that Antifar and their supporters instigated the violence, as they always do when they have a protest..

They are the new nazi fascists from the left..  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vespasian said:

nothin wrong with that, the difference between you and some on the far left, antifar for instance is they went to that protest to violently confront the members from the alt right..  

It seems to be lost by the mainstream media that Antifar and their supporters instigated the violence, as they always do when they have a protest..

They are the new nazi fascists from the left..  

You're mistaken.  Nazis can't be from the left by their very nature.  A Nazi is what it is.  Repugnant.  'Alt right' is a relatively new term that people have latched onto.  They are what they are.

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

You're mistaken.  Nazis can't be from the left by their very nature.  A Nazi is what it is.  Repugnant.  'Alt right' is a relatively new term that people have latched onto.  They are what they are.

Were the Nazi's fascists? Yes..  what is a fascist?, part of what fascism means is the forcible suppression of opposition..

Thus antifar are the new fascists..

I don't know how you can argue against Antifar being fascists by the way, in everything they do and stand for they are fascists in any definition of the word...

7 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Were the Nazi's fascists? Yes..  what is a fascist?, part of what fascism means is the forcible suppression of opposition..

Thus antifar are the new fascists..

I don't know how you can argue against Antifar being fascists by the way, in everything they do and stand for they are fascists in any definition of the word...

Would you describe allied forces in world war two as fascists?  They brought some substantial weaponry to the fight...