Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

That's utter rubbish and you know it!

If you are bright enough to go you can go. All the fees are available as a loan as I understand it that only gets paid back when you earn enough.

Aside from that how many graduates are working on the till in Tesco or as car salesman or any other job that should not really require a degree but needs one now since mr Blair decided that everyone ought to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Well mate, I beg to differ on that. I'm moving from £30K to nearer £80K as a direct result of going to University. I'll pay a whole load of extra tax into the system as a result. You're unlikely to pay back much in the way of student loans working on the till at tesco. (£10 an hour min wage might change that though). As for car salesmen, My father in law was earning more than the directors of Toyota UK at one point and no degree to be seen.

I don't recall Bliar saying any of that clatter but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. He was after all a tory in a red tie.

I'm not saying that everyone should be rocking up to university. Everyone should have a fair chance in life though.

Edited by Mark J

I wasn't bleating on about them. I pay people what they're worth. Unions are a worthwhile thing. People would be doubly shafted without them.

But... Do you really think that things are sustainable the way things are?

Sorry mark I was generalising I didn't mean you where bleating.

People get shafted with them.

I live in Wigan it's hardly Hollywood but things are good people are spending money and the place has a good feel about it.

If our wages haven't moved why should anyone else's?

Food is affordable most people have sky/virgin, a smart phone and a first world problem now is sh@t internet. It's relatively easy to work hard live within your means and still go on holiday.

If I'm racing to the bottom so be it eggs.

A hard working family can earn say 23-26k between them and manage (they'll be classed as low earners with tax allowance 11k ish) a 2nd or 3rd generation benefit family could be given 26k soon to be 23k how is that fair on the low earning workers?

Corbyns answer min wage up, seems great but food will go up to pay the extra tax and min wage bills soooo benefits can't afford to eat so let's give them more which = where we are now but inflation up what's the point!!

So yes I'm happy with the way things are.

Sorry for the ramble.

Sorry mark I was generalising I didn't mean you where bleating.

People get shafted with them.

I live in Wigan it's hardly Hollywood but things are good people are spending money and the place has a good feel about it.

If our wages haven't moved why should anyone else's?

Food is affordable most people have sky/virgin, a smart phone and a first world problem now is sh@t internet. It's relatively easy to work hard live within your means and still go on holiday.

If I'm racing to the bottom so be it eggs.

A hard working family can earn say 23-26k between them and manage (they'll be classed as low earners with tax allowance 11k ish) a 2nd or 3rd generation benefit family could be given 26k soon to be 23k how is that fair on the low earning workers?

Corbyns answer min wage up, seems great but food will go up to pay the extra tax and min wage bills soooo benefits can't afford to eat so let's give them more which = where we are now but inflation up what's the point!!

So yes I'm happy with the way things are.

Sorry for the ramble.

But Wes mate, you seem switched on. I suspect you're not chuckied up to the eyeballs in random debt.

Food prices are going up massively anyway. I'm yet to see another party offer a viable alternative. Tories have backtracked on Austerity, which makes them either incompetent or just plain cruel.

Well mate, I beg to differ on that. I'm moving from £30K to nearer £80K as a direct result of going to University. I'll pay a whole load of extra tax into the system as a result. You're unlikely to pay back much in the way of student loans working on the till at tesco. (£10 an hour min wage might change that though)

I don't recall Bliar saying any of that clatter but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. He was after all a tory in a red tie.

I'm not saying that everyone should be rocking up to university. Everyone should have a fair chance in life though.

Why should MY taxes pay for YOU to go to uni so YOU can earn more money? if you're paying it yourself via more taxes great, pay it separately from your taxes by paying back the loans and reduce the countries tax bill by 11 billion!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Why should MY taxes pay for YOU to go to uni so YOU can earn more money? if you're paying it yourself via more taxes great, pay it separately from your taxes by paying back the loans and reduce the countries tax bill by 11 billion!

Why should my increased taxes pay for your healthcare in the form of NI etc. then?

Edited by Mark J

6 and half a dozen.

Well mate, I beg to differ on that. I'm moving from £30K to nearer £80K as a direct result of going to University. I'll pay a whole load of extra tax into the system as a result. You're unlikely to pay back much in the way of student loans working on the till at tesco. (£10 an hour min wage might change that though). As for car salesmen, My father in law was earning more than the directors of Toyota UK at one point and no degree to be seen.

I was not talking about your earnings I was talking about the fees

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk