Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I have no idea the answer to this but is northern Ireland underfunded and needs that kind of money anyway? As already said a billion in the grand scheme isn't that much. The just spent £161 million building one road and new M1 junction by me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I don't know about NI finances.

It looks like a bribe for votes, don't you think?

It could be seen as such Mr E.

But, that money is going into the fabric and infrastructure of the North of Ireland (notwithstanding waste and corruption generally associated with public finances!)

Chap from NI on the wireless yesterday describing the comparable rates of NHS service and investment in public water infrastructure - quite desperate in comparison to mainland (esp water infrastructure which he described as comparable to U.K. In the 80s prior to investment in preparation for privatisation.)

DUP done good for their constituents, wether the working arrangements provide fuel for SF to kick off is yet to be seen.

There was another NI resident on wireless a while back who made the point that the people of NI would be a good deal better off WITHOUT their politicians and their fanatical, childish and destructive attitudes....

Whats the options Eggs?

IMHO if the remainers hadn't acted/voted in such a childish way, considered the referendum result, and had actually thought about the effect a hung parliament would have at such a nationally crucial/critical time we wouldn't be in this mess!

Surely anyone with half a brain did not vote labour thinking that the traitorous demagogue Corbyn would be the right person to lead this great nation at such a time?

Whats the options Eggs?

IMHO if the remainers hadn't acted/voted in such a childish way, considered the referendum result, and had actually thought about the effect a hung parliament would have at such a nationally crucial/critical time we wouldn't be in this mess!

Surely anyone with half a brain did not vote labour thinking that the traitorous demagogue Corbyn would be the right person to lead this great nation at such a time?

The best option IMHO would have been NOT to call an election for the good of the Party, rather than the good of the country. I don't believe for one minute that she did it to have a stronger hand in the EU negotiations.

Mrs May, and her team have made a mockery of us, the sooner people wake up to the fact the better.

The best option IMHO would have been NOT to call an election for the good of the Party, rather than the good of the country. I don't believe for one minute that she did it to have a stronger hand in the EU negotiations.

Mrs May, and her team have made a mockery of us, the sooner people wake up to the fact the better.

But that's hindsight not an option going forward.

I fully agree in hindsight a foolish gamble, but who would have thought so many would buy in to the Corbyn lies and bullshit.

But what's the options now?

Could be but I can't see there being another election before brexit is finished tbh? People have extremely short memories, doubt a billion will be remembered in a month let alone the next election

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app