Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 hours ago, Mark J said:
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

The Independent revealed that Johnson gave a top job at energy consultancy firm to former aide Charlotte Owen

Sleazebag.

No surprise in that story. Sleazebag is being generous, criminal would be more apt. He makes Starmer seem like a saint. The real surprise is that a few people still defend him so doggedly.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Steven P said:

I just find it incredulous that you need to highlight to a bunch of reasonably intelligent people that prime ministers talk to their predecessors like it is a new thing, a big surprise, almost as if it is a surprise to you. So I'll ask again, did you really really only start reading the news 5 years ago?

Just wondering where in my words I was defending Tony Blair. Maybe that was all in your head, have you been drinking again?

😂😂Trying hard tonight SP. It was never a genuine question though was it, rather it’s  you just trying and failing to be a smart arse. You will really struggle to convince people that Tony Blair should be  giving out advice or listened to, quite frankly the fact Starmer is dealing with him should ring alarm bells. Who said you were defending Blair ?? Making things up again 🤷‍♂️😞 not learned the lesson on that one yet ?. 
I don’t drink alcohol at all, and haven’t for years. 🤷‍♂️facts SP facts. 

Edited by Johnsond

20 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Labour’s biggest union backer has accused Sir Keir Starmer of picking pensioners’ pockets, urging him...

Be very interesting to see which Labour MP’s have an ounce of decency when they come up against saint Kier. 

I sincerely hope Two Tier Kier Starmergeddon doesn't U-turn. I want him to be the most hated PM of all time and be roundly booted out during an emergency GE within 12 months.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Steven P said:

He's lasted longer than Liz Truss so maybe not going to happen

What an endorsement 😂
Watching Starmer and his team at work must be such a kick in the Fanny for you and the rest of the ATL 😂😂

IMG_0431.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

I sincerely hope Two Tier Kier Starmergeddon doesn't U-turn. I want him to be the most hated PM of all time and be roundly booted out during an emergency GE within 12 months.

It may not go that bad that quickly for him but I know his actions are not going down well with normally staunch Labour supporters. My mother is one of those who will lose the winter fuel allowance, whilst myself and my sister will make sure she’s fine it’s still a total kick in the teeth for a woman well into her 70s who worked all her adult life. 

• Like 1

On 14/08/2024 at 22:08, Johnsond said:

sense, 34 years of working with graduates

A mate of mine, ex forces is 83 and will lose his winter fuel payment. Only just over the pension credit threshold but lives in a privately rented studio flat. The rent hasn’t increased in 11 years thankfully but in all those years the only time the gas central heating has been on has been when the engineer services the boiler. No double glazing, solid brick walls - so cold in the winter but he’s a stubborn old git! I’ve already told him I’ll give him the lost fuel payment if he turns the heating on low at least 👍

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rapalaman said:

A mate of mine, ex forces is 83 and will lose his winter fuel payment. Only just over the pension credit threshold but lives in a privately rented studio flat. The rent hasn’t increased in 11 years thankfully but in all those years the only time the gas central heating has been on has been when the engineer services the boiler. No double glazing, solid brick walls - so cold in the winter but he’s a stubborn old git! I’ve already told him I’ll give him the lost fuel payment if he turns the heating on low at least 👍

Maybe try this?

https://www.theplasticpeople.co.uk/magnetic-double-glazing-kit/