Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Good to see the Labour councillor has just been arrested by the Met for  his throat cutting suggestions. You have missed out all the major points as usual J. Do you think you can ever give a truly impartial view J, I don’t, you are very left of centre, you despise brexit, Farage the tories etc and have made that clear for years. 

Just watched the Labour councillors video a few times and part of me is not entirely comfortable with the way the law is being enforced, was he a twat definitely was he genuinely wanting throats  cut 🤷‍♂️. We seem to be heading down a very authoritarian path. 

Two wrongs do not make a right though. For the record, I despise all religion and genuinely have a problem with islamism. It does, mean that I am sometimes very conflicted about the situation in the Middle East with extremist Zionism on one side and extremist islamism on the other and a whole bunch of defenseless civilians caught in the crossfire. 

As others have articulated more eloquently than me, the timeline of events directly after the Southport attacks relates fairly precisely to the statements and social media postings of Farage et al. I am not saying that he instructed or indeed directed the riots. They may very well have taken place without his interventions. But I think it is unarguable that his remarks poured petrol on the flames by providing incendiary misinformation.

• Thanks 1

"Spelling Mistakes Cost Lives:

Even knowing how much the tabloid media lies, it's been quite something to watch the same newspapers who have spent decades whipping up Islamophobia, racism, and anti-refugee hysteria, turn around and pretend that the racist terrorism we've seen over the last week dropped out of the sky and has nothing to do with them. It must have been that social media!

And the brass neck to celebrate the antifascist protests which pushed the far right off the streets last night! Protests that were attended and organised by the exact same people these papers were calling "hate marches" a few months ago.

It's enough to make you want to smash fascism all the way to Fleet Street. Because this problem will not go away until we tackle and shut down the toxic, racist media that pours poison in our ears, and tells us that instead of directing our anger at the billionaire media owners who have impoverished us, we should rage at unfairly demonised, marginalised, minority communities who just want a quiet, happy life like everyone else.

We're far more likely to be refugees than billionaires."

May be pop art of text

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1