Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

16 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Look back at your recent posts before you edit them and I think that will show your attitude. When I say Health, safety and safeguarding are important issues, you send back a quip. When I say that calling out any unsafe behaviours is important, I am told to climb down from my moral soap box.

That is showing your attitude to very clearly. I am thankful I don't ever have to work with you professionally if that is how your mind works with reporting any safety issue.

So you don’t have proof then. 

Regarding health and safety which you now are apparently lecturing me on let me tell you SP if I mess up at work people can be seriously hurt or worse. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever you can teach me about that. You do know what I’ve done since 1990 ( unlike you who refused to divulge anything ) all over the world. Spare me the hand wringing  BS generated from a post from Peds based upon his lies about Trump. Or alternatively show the proof of Trumps child abuse conviction. 
1500 I’m out of here 🤷‍♂️I’ll check out the evidence later. Got a dive to run, whilst you were waffling crap I’ve spent the afternoon between tides refreshing my no health and safety brains knowledge of the O2 rebreather eqpt we have on-site, just in case SP. Of course it’s pointless training because apparently I am not health and safety conscious.

IMG_9485.jpeg

Edited by Johnsond

Well done, you have been trained to react when something goes wrong. I think we all have. Subtle different between reacting and being proactive, flagging issues that might be a problem if they evolve further. Your comments, which I am guessing are a direct link brain to fingers, are not suggesting you give credit to being proactive in flagging issues. Preferring to make a joke.

• Like 1

Anyway, in other news, Project 25 aims to stop free weather forecasting and essentially eliminate any monitoring of climate change.

WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

Project 2025 would all but dissolve the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Which, let's be honest here, is really only a problem if you believe in climate change in the first place 👍

11 minutes ago, difflock said:

Well, I don't, so it isn't.

I have to admit, it does make the problem seem a whole lot easier to deal with. I'm tempted to start applying the technique to some of the other challenges we face 👍

11 minutes ago, difflock said:

I do however be more than a little Malthusian in my beliefs.

Too many humans is the problem.

End of.

Yep, quite right. 

And we've got people all over the world trying to ban contraception! Loopy.

Well, to clarify, I do not believe in the current heavily promoted  hysterical "the end of the world is nigh" anthropological climate change hysteria.

But

Since the geological records clearly show repeated  ice ages and interglacial periods.

And the Thames freezing over in 16 or 17 something. 

Etc etc etc

The climate has ALWAYS changed, regardless of our current feeble human input( setting aside the massive despoilation of natural ecosystems and equally massive resource extraction)

And I suspect we will not be able to do SFA to prevent such climate changes.

And since we cannot even predict the weather, I have grave reservations about the climate models predicting 30 or 50 years hence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steven P said:

Well done, you have been trained to react when something goes wrong. I think we all have. Subtle different between reacting and being proactive, flagging issues that might be a problem if they evolve further. Your comments, which I am guessing are a direct link brain to fingers, are not suggesting you give credit to being proactive in flagging issues. Preferring to make a joke.

Absolute garbage you show zero knowledge yet again of a subject you are mouthing off about. The amount of planning and mitigations I put in on a daily basis is off the scale. You think we just rock up and throw divers in the water and just react if anything happens 🤷‍♂️

You don’t think months of planning, procedures, risk assessments etc etc etc have been undertaken including looking at every possible scenario!!. Or that there might be rigidly enforced legislation etc etc that has to be adhered to. I have to  do a CPD exam every quarter SP just to keep in date to even run a dive🤷‍♂️you’ve just embarrassed yourself again. 
I seem to recall you mentioning an office environment and team a while back, you just watch those coffee cups and trip hazards ok 👍 

Edited by Johnsond