Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

On 08/06/2024 at 13:54, sime42 said:

I thought it was his wife with all the moneys? Maybe both.

Yeah, it's odd that he took the job. He's definitely not from the same mould as his two predecessors. I predict that he'll very rapidly fade into obscurity in a few weeks, and not hang around for years afterwards trying to worm his way back into power.

Positions of power are very favourable financially and I guess you don't marry into massive wealth without being a shrewd investor yourself. Even after power he will still command a decent wage - £20k a night speaking gigs for a year or so at least

What?! Speak up, I can't hear you!!

Edit... I can't help but feel as though there's a certain subtlety that isn't being grasped here...

Edited by peds
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

As the far right surges, this week’s European Parliament election will reorder the Continent’s political...

🤷‍♂️Not surprising when the left just wont  listen and politicians basically take the piss out of the quiet majority of people. All is not well in that paradise known as the “ EU”. 

Do you think 'the far right' is a good thing?

53 minutes ago, Mark J said:

What's now "far right" was approximately centre right 30 years ago. Now who was it who said that the fascists of the future will be called "anti-fascists" 🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

What's now "far right" was approximately centre right 30 years ago. Now who was it who said that the fascists of the future will be called "anti-fascists" 🤔

Pollocks.

Have you ever heard of the 'Overton Window'?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

What a load of nonsense. John major was centre right 30 years ago and he looks like a really moderate lefty now!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

There is no far right Mark, seriously bud it’s utter crap the way that phrase is thrown about. 

• Like 1