Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

It’s 18 to deploy on active service as well he knows. Like the SNP the reasons are he knows fine well at that age they are more likely to be left leaning and yet to be earning decent coin and paying the higher rates of income tax. The sense of disappointment once people realise things won’t be that different regardless of who’s in will be a sight to see. Hopefully Starmer does not cause the utter carnage the previous Labour savour did. 

Beat me to it when I was typing👍

24 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

Beat me to it when I was typing👍

Saw the article earlier and just thought “ what a load of crap” . Basic maths join at 18 and you could easy be into your 20s before you get the chance to vote. I know one thing for a fact the previous war criminal labour PM was utterly detested by the vast majority or the serving and ex squaddies I knew  during his period in downing st. 

9 minutes ago, Mark J said:

How come people are legally allowed to breed at 16, but aren't deemed mature enough to to vote at that age? 

You can legally breed as young as 12 as can be confirmed by a few people! 16 is the aged your considered sensible enough to judge if you want to sleep with someone or not!

I reckon that if 16 year olds were given the right to vote they'd vote Green as younger people tend to look to the future whereas older people tend to want to make their present more comfortable. They would have gone with Corbyn but that version of Labour is long gone.

I also reckon that the powers that be will stifle anything that might upset their position, so during this election and beyond, I expect a filthy online war full of targeted ads to the susceptible, and things will turn out exactly as they are supposed to. Cambridge Analytica are one of many.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, billy_wizz said:

You can legally breed as young as 12 as can be confirmed by a few people! 16 is the aged your considered sensible enough to judge if you want to sleep with someone or not!

You'll have to explain the first sentence as I don't understand it.

How sensible do you have to be to vote? 

29 minutes ago, Mark J said:

How come people are legally allowed to breed at 16, but aren't deemed mature enough to to vote at that age? 

I suppose the obvious answer is a 16 year old thinking they are grown up enough to have a baby is affecting a small amount of people compared to 16 years olds thinking they are grown up enough to make a rational decision that can affect a whole country 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I suppose the obvious answer is a 16 year old thinking they are grown up enough to have a baby is affecting a small amount of people compared to 16 years olds thinking they are grown up enough to make a rational decision that can affect a whole country 

You can drive any car on the motorway at 17 but you're not able to vote for another year.. I realise that a line has to be drawn somewhere, but there should be some consistency.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

You can drive any car on the motorway at 17 but you're not able to vote for another year.. I realise that a line has to be drawn somewhere, but it should have some consistency.

You’re right. Let’s make it 25 then. Include marriage in that…no one below that age should succumb to those types of horrors 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5