Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Anyone care to tell me why we are joint bottom of the list of G7 countries on pay rises.......

Since 2007/08 living costs have gone up by 10%, if not more, where is the rise in wages to balance this out?

Because during the boom wages shot up to unsustainable levels, so for the last 8/9 years we have had to wait for them to become sustainable again.

I was making more in 2008 than I am now, but boy were things good then!!!

Anyone care to tell me why we are joint bottom of the list of G7 countries on pay rises.......

Since 2007/08 living costs have gone up by 10%, if not more, where is the rise in wages to balance this out?

Wage rises across the board are normally a reflection of that of the public sector.

The current Government have had to reduce the amount spent on the public sector in an attempt to reduce the deficit created by the previous Labour government, and they are slowly getting there. Unfortunately wage increases were one of the easy ways to save money.

The last thing we need right now is another Labour government to reverse the situation!

SG

Because during the boom wages shot up to unsustainable levels, so for the last 8/9 years we have had to wait for them to become sustainable again.

Wages are going backwards in a big way.

When I took voluntary redundancy from the water aurthority in 2010 I was on £14/hour plus all the perks, final salary pension, private health care, paid sick pay, time and half, and double time.

That very same job is being advertised now with none of the perks at a rate of £11/hour.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Luckily good 'ol Mother Theresa wouldn't do anything like that - now, remind me ,which country is it again that's the major sponsor of Islamic terrorism?

Home Office may not publish terrorist funding report amid claims it focuses on Saudi Arabia | The Independent

Utterly hypocritical behaviour from the Tories again - oh, we'll be tough on terrorism all right, but willing to overlook it if you buy our arms and have got lots of oil. The double standards are so obvious, but - yet again - why are the BBC not covering this? Oh, yeh, that's right, they're all 'lefties'...:001_rolleyes:

That's right. The last person to enter the Houses of Parliament with a clear cut, honest agenda was Guy Fawkes.

Timon.

This :dito:

It may change a bit now with the pound so low against the Euro, lots of migrant workers are leaving the UK for better pay in Germany. A shortage of labour here may see a small increase in pay.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb
fat fingers

Wages are going backwards in a big way.

When I took voluntary redundancy from the water aurthority in 2010 I was on £14/hour plus all the perks, final salary pension, private health care, paid sick pay, time and half, and double time.

That very same job is being advertised now with none of the perks at a rate of £11/hour.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Thats still not bad for sitting in the van all day with your feet on the dash though eggs. :)

Bob