Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Just filled the Landy up, it’s midnight and its absolute carnage at the forecourt, on the edge of fisticuffs.

A high sided Gypo wagon with the ugliest fat birds that you ever seen are passing over Jerry cans to be filled up, they must have 500 litres in the back.

I only fill up once a week, I drove to work this morning with the idea to fill up on the way home as usual, I hadn’t been watching the news so have been caught off guard, all the forecourts where rammed and I got home on vapour.

Ask the public to take an experimental vax, wear masks, stay home, don’t go to funerals, leave loved ones to die alone, no problem, full compliance. Ask them not to panic buy fuel, mass hysteria, and as usual, it’s the EU’s fault.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Brexit is actually going really well so far insisted the government today, as the country runs out of fuel, food...

At least that amazing free trade agreement with the USA is going well 😂. Biden certainly shot a dose of reality into these negotiations, poor Doris.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

At least that amazing free trade agreement with the USA is going well 😂. Biden certainly shot a dose of reality into these negotiations, poor Doris.

Aye, It's a shame that they reckoned on the Wotsit Mussolini getting another term. Biden is doing good things for America in terms of social provision. It's a shame that we elected a muppet to represent us.

Edited by Mark J
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Brexit is actually going really well so far insisted the government today, as the country runs out of fuel, food...

I don’t see many skinny starving citizens on my travels 🤷‍♂️Bit of rationing might undo the damage caused by an excess of whatever people want and at same time ease burden on the NHS. Latest shit I’ve seen is dire warnings of 10 days to save Xmas ffs. It must be so easy  for those writing the headlines to see what rubbish they can spoon feed to the masses. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I don’t see many skinny starving citizens on my travels 🤷‍♂️Bit of rationing might undo the damage caused by an excess of whatever people want and at same time ease burden on the NHS. Latest shit I’ve seen is dire warnings of 10 days to save Xmas ffs. It must be so easy  for those writing the headlines to see what rubbish they can spoon feed to the masses. 

Yes I agree, you seem to think you are the only one to know it though. 'We've' been played for time immemorial.

slightly crazy here where i am at local morrisons all day, but not helped at all by nearby tesco being mid refit of entire car park including fuel station so down to 50% local capacity.

had to go fill landy as was just into red and thats no use since my first responder scheme covers 15 miles or more all directions from my house so easily a 30 mile round trip to a job required.    Also i need to do a 36 mile round trip sat to spend 12 hrs or so on a ambulance for red cross - so if this crazy continues i will be topping up at half tank instead of usual 50 miles or so left point to keep me mobile.

several folks in que ahead of me had plastic cans in boots of cars too.  

by 7pm morrisons security was moving folks on who were trying to que on main road just to keep town traffic moving and guy in filling station i spoke to said it had been mental all day.   suspect wont last long as most modern cars do a fairly reasonable mileage to tank so now majority have squeezed in every drop they can must have at least a few days fuel if not week.

do know i will be tad grumpy if i have to go hunt fuel by 10pm tommorow night for ambulance, sense of humour tends to get less as night wears on as i want dinner by midnight and i make a awful hungry person