Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Just now, Khriss said:

Hypocrit. K

I fully understand we need to reduce our dependence on oil, but I dont not think we'll ever not need to produce it. Id sooner drill for more oil than cut down vast swathes of the worlds rain Forrest to make bio oil. I also can see the damage shipping vast amounts of needless junk around the world causes. 

Im my opinion there is nothing hypocritical in understanding we have a need for oil yet wish to lessen how much we use needlessly.  There is very few 'greens' calling for an outright end to oil production.

The people who I would call hypocritical are those who are calling for the end to oil production yet use the product in their daily lives. 

PS, why do you always end your posts with a K? Its not like we cant see your name in the top left hand of your post. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I fully understand we need to reduce our dependence on oil, but I dont not think we'll ever not need to produce it. Id sooner drill for more oil than cut down vast swathes of the worlds rain Forrest to make bio oil. I also can see the damage shipping vast amounts of needless junk around the world causes. 

Im my opinion there is nothing hypocritical in understanding we have a need for oil yet wish to lessen how much we use needlessly.  There is very few 'greens' calling for an outright end to oil production.

The people who I would call hypocritical are those who are calling for the end to oil production yet use the product in their daily lives. 

PS, why do you always end your posts with a K? Its not like we cant see your name in the top left hand of your post. 

Let's get this right, you own a gas guzzling yank motor for fun. but we should cut down on needlessly drilling oil.

I must have missed something?

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Let's get this right, you own a gas guzzling yank motor for fun. but we should cut down on needlessly drilling oil.

I must have missed something?

I sold the 'Gas Guzzling' yank. I did less than 100 miles a year in it and averaged over 20mpg. It was build 50 years ago and is significantly better for the environment than scrapping it and buying a new car, be it petrol, diesel or electric, mainly because of the huge carbon footprint involved in the manufacture and shipping of a new car and all its components. 

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Making a new car creates as much carbon pollution as driving it, so it's often bettrer to keep your old banger on the road...

I never said we should cut down on needlessly drilling for oil though, I said we should cut down on the needless use of oil. If the current lack of HVG Drivers means we end up shopping local, and buying more locally (even within the UK) then I see that as a positive. If we have to rely less on china for their junk then I see that as a positive. If we end up shipping less and less out of season produce around the world because we fancy an Avocado any time we feel like one I see that as a positive.

So yes, as per usual you missed something :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

I sold the 'Gas Guzzling' yank. I did less than 100 miles a year in it and averaged over 20mpg. It was build 50 years ago and is significantly better for the environment than scrapping it and buying a new car, be it petrol, diesel or electric, mainly because of the huge carbon footprint involved in the manufacture and shipping of a new car and all its components. 

Making a new car creates as much carbon pollution as driving it, so it's often bettrer to keep your old banger on the road...

I never said we should cut down on needlessly drilling for oil though, I said we should cut down on the needless use of oil. If the current lack of HVG Drivers means we end up shopping local, and buying more locally (even within the UK) then I see that as a positive. If we have to rely less on china for their junk then I see that as a positive. If we end up shipping less and less out of season produce around the world because we fancy an Avocado any time we feel like one I see that as a positive.

So yes, as per usual you missed something :)

Did I, what are HVG drivers?

Just now, eggsarascal said:

But if I put it in your speak, it would be uneducated, thick as shit, fecking idiot. We can easily pick up on faults, if we want to.

Time to back off a little?

I note instead of carrying on our discussion you change tack to attacking a typo. Which means I win. :D 

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

I note instead of carrying on our discussion you change tack to attacking a typo. Which means I win. :D 

I'll carry on the conversation with you, and well you know it, if you don't spout it. If you choose to carry on I'll pull you up...  Add smilies.

Just now, eggsarascal said:

I'll carry on the conversation with you, and well you know it, if you don't spout it. If you choose to carry on I'll pull you up...  Add smilies.

So you agree with me, and the Guardian article that its better for the environment to keep an older car on the road instead of buying a new one? 

And you agree its better for the environment to reduce our consumption of junk from around the word, namely China? 

I assume you also agree with shopping locally and buying locally made produce?

What exactly do you think you've pulled me up for? 

You could just say you where wrong instead of throwing you toys out the pram and picking up a typo.