Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, difflock said:

This one puzzles me, is the former head of MI6 simply shit-stirring to settle old scores, or is he misinformed or deluded(highly unlikely)

Marcus

Is this former head of MI6 the same one that stuck his nose in the election calling Corbyn a “danger to the country”or is this a different shit stirrer?

surely someone has asked him to back up his claim?

Show us the proof or shut the f**k up I say.

2 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

Is this former head of MI6 the same one that stuck his nose in the election calling Corbyn a “danger to the country”or is this a different shit stirrer?

Thats not shit stirring, that is/was a legitimate opinion. Considering Corbyne is a terrorist sympathizer and openly supports various factions then I'd say his qualified opinion is valid. 

Id also like to see some proof, but I doubt he's in a position to hand out classified docs like that. Having held the position he did shows beyond a doubt that he is qualified to make such claims. 

Personally Id welcome more of his opinions, with or without proof. They can be weighed for worthiness but at least someone has the balls to speak out.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Thats not shit stirring, that is/was a legitimate opinion. Considering Corbyne is a terrorist sympathizer and openly supports various factions then I'd say his qualified opinion is valid. 

Id also like to see some proof, but I doubt he's in a position to hand out classified docs like that. Having held the position he did shows beyond a doubt that he is qualified to make such claims. 

Personally Id welcome more of his opinions, with or without proof. They can be weighed for worthiness but at least someone has the balls to speak out.  

He could claim anything then, without backing it up with any evidence, and that would be okay by you?
This guy ‘was’ head of MI6, he isn't anymore, so why would he still have access to privileged secret info?

If this claim was true, and there was conclusive evidence that China had created this pandemic in a lab and caused this shitstorm, they would already be in isolation from every government in the world, they aren’t, do you really think Trump would ignore it?

Just now, The avantgardener said:

He could claim anything then, without backing it up with any evidence, and that would be okay by you?

No, as I said his comments would have to be weighted for worthiness. His past position as the head of M16. He has, in my opinion, earned a degree of respect and his comments should be treated as such. 

Just now, The avantgardener said:

This guy ‘was’ head of MI6, he isn't anymore, so why would he still have access to privileged secret info?

Im not saying thats 100% whats happening. But I dont think its beyond the realms of impossibility he still has a lot of contacts who would pass him, or at least show him or discuss with him classified infomation. 

3 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

If this claim was true, and there was conclusive evidence that China had created this pandemic in a lab and caused this shitstorm, they would already be in isolation from every government in the world, they aren’t, do you really think Trump would ignore it?

I dont know if his claims are true. Id certainly consider them with the respect due to someone who held the position he previously did. I think Trump ignores almost everything told to him by men and women in their relevant senior Military, Intelligence or security Position. What Trump does or not do has no bearing here.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

he still has a lot of contacts who would pass him, or at least show him or discuss with him classified infomation.

So, a retired 75 year old man leaks proof to back up a conspiracy theory. He claims he has seen a document and because of his past associations, you say you want to hear more?

Good job Trump is only 73 and refuses to read any documents.

The thing about being in your 70s is everything starts to leak uncontrollably ?

• Like 2

Just now, Sutton said:

So, a retired 75 year old man leaks proof to back up a conspiracy theory. He claims he has seen a document and because of his past associations, you say you want to hear more?

Good job Trump is only 73 and refuses to read any documents.

The thing about being in your 70s is everything starts to leak uncontrollably ?

Well, you're free to scoff. Thats certainly your right. Others should be free to carefully consider his words. 

If your opinion is that anyone over 70 should keep their mouths shut as their opinion and knowledge is no longer valid then more fool you. In fact the more you share your opinions the more that becomes apparent. 

• Like 1

If we freely share our opinions then our foolishness reduces because others will show us our errors. It's called democracy.
Of course, if you think only opinions of retired or retarded 70+ year olds is important for us to understand what's going on then explain please why

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

No, as I said his comments would have to be weighted for worthiness. His past position as the head of M16. He has, in my opinion, earned a degree of respect and his comments should be treated as such. 

Im not saying thats 100% whats happening. But I dont think its beyond the realms of impossibility he still has a lot of contacts who would pass him, or at least show him or discuss with him classified infomation. 

I dont know if his claims are true. Id certainly consider them with the respect due to someone who held the position he previously did. I think Trump ignores almost everything told to him by men and women in their relevant senior Military, Intelligence or security Position. What Trump does or not do has no bearing here.  

So a retired MI6 guy knows more than the US Secret Services?

His colleagues are breaching the Official Secret Act by discussing damning sensitivite material with him so he can go public, I doubt it.

Just now, Sutton said:

If we freely share our opinions then our foolishness reduces because others will show us our errors. It's called democracy.
Of course, if you think only opinions of retired or retarded 70+ year olds is important for us to understand what's going on then explain please why

Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it. 

If you dont think that someone who is 70 years old has anything to offer society in ways of knowledge and wisdom then I'm sorry, but Im not going to spoon feed you as to why. Im certainly not saying all 70 year olds should automaticly been taken at face value. But when they have had such a distinguished career then yes, I feel they deserve to at least have they're words considered. 

• Like 1