Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

7 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Empire!!, it's ridiculous , we haven't had one for years. It's about time folk moved on.

Meet the gang coz the boys are here , boys to entertain you , B O Y S boys to entertain youooooo . ! ?

6 hours ago, scotspine1 said:

Worked so well in the case of Hitler didn't it. 

chmberlain.jpg.8871c9c82f479a04e971ecd9eda45726.jpg

Yes, we could have appeased Hitler, they would have occupied us in the same way as they occupied most other European countries .   Nobody would have known about the six million Jews as that would all have been "Fake News".  We would all be speaking German and building Volkwagens and millions of lives would have been saved.

Yes it would have been better to all live in harmony under one unelected dictatorship, but wait.............................

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Meet the gang coz the boys are here , boys to entertain you , B O Y S boys to entertain youooooo . ! ?

God ! I remember that ;) quite a risqué show for its time, army blokes in makeup n a rather camp Windsor Davies - "lovely boy" k

• Like 1

I don't really see what empire has to do with defeating the nazi's.

Empire building is what Hitler and his cronies were engaged in.

The best defense against invading forces is to have good strong relationships with as much of the world as possible.

Isolating ourselves is clearly moving in the opposite direction.

Being trapped in a dysfunctional EU is being isolated- from the the rest of the world.

We’re not even allowed to catch our own fish- for crying out loud!!!!!

Hopefully (at least we should) be headed in the right direction now..

10 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You miss the point entirely, it's not the inventiveness or technological ability we lacked but the commercial  willingness and managerial ability to develop and prosper from it because of demands for short term returns.

Whereas Germany has for decades had a policy of encouraging technological innovation by regional banks offering long term credit and family firms not playing to the whims of rich investors who might pull the plug at short notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definately this idea that Germans are efficient and better at everything pervades in much of this, in my experience They are just careful people who plan forward, like the Swedes or Swiss. English people tend to look short term and 'that'll do" attitude. Which is why their tanks were better in the war or their farming practise produces more. It's not a national

Trait it's a prudent forward looking attitude, which We ain't got much of sadly. Especially now. K

( actually, historically we have been way better engineers ;) )

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure why people keep saying we are isolating ourselves???

surely we are opening ourselves up to the rest of the world, which you know is bigger than just the EU. We will also still trade with the EU fact. 

Another little example of the EUs micro management is the fact that they are now trying to do away with us moving the clocks forwards and backwards!! Why? Why does our time being inline out out an hour matter?

EUs latest is to try and stop us changing our tax laws and rates so when we leave we can’t become a business haven they want us in line with them hmmm why is this?! 

They are shit scared of us leaving and prospering because if we do other nations will find a way to leave and the little elite club will fall. 

I have nothing against individual nations within the EU I just don’t like the establishment running it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Definately this idea that Germans are efficient and better at everything pervades in much of this, in my experience They are just careful people who plan forward, like the Swedes or Swiss. English people tend to look short term and 'that'll do" attitude. Which is why their tanks were better in the war or their farming practise produces more. It's not a national

Trait it's a prudent forward looking attitude, which We ain't got much of sadly. Especially now. K

( actually, historically we have been way better engineers ;) )

I'm glad at least one other person understands my point