Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

40 minutes ago, scbk said:

I was working for someone recently who offered cash, but they need taken to a bank to swap to current notes :laugh1:

He obviously has a suitcase full of the stuff, and the paper notes are no longer tender

Schoolboy error 😞🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Stere said:

Old story but impressive how Woking council  managed to get £1.2 billion in debt in real estate investments?

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Previous Tory leadership embarked on risky investment spree involving hotels and skyscrapers

I thought property was a good investment?

It was the interesting form of accounting that was used to reborrow money. Also I'm all for renewable energy but the chief exec dreamed up a scheme whereby reported savings from RE were taken out of the general account and used to invest in more RE which was a bit of a stretch. This funded firms which were owned by the council to do developments like the gas powered CHP electric car charging power station.

I would love to know if the chief exec's emoluments and pension were in any way linked to the size of his budget.

The interesting thing will be who will buy the tower block that cost £700M of borrowed money and has now been written down to £250M?

I'm particularly miffed that a piece of wild wet heath  was urbanised with lakes and paved walk ways in order for the new occupants of the tower block to exercise, which they were free to do anyway.

• Like 2

Looks like that unaccountable organisation just doesn’t like being wrong. As much as I am no Lineker fan they chased him for over 5 years and lost. I wonder if it were not taxpayer funded would they still try and chase it. My case was 4 years and the end result is my tax contributions are now 25% or less of what they were prior to the investigation 👍👍well done Hmrc. 

E6B08B49-BEF5-4FE8-9274-113AC49E0411.png

434552D1-8025-454B-A6A4-FE36AE25B78A.png

WWW.ENERGYVOICE.COM

Norway has approved 19 new oil and gas projects in its waters, with total investment topping NOK...

In the meantime we pander to the just stop oil and net zero fools that Starmer courts, the UK is genuinely being led by fools and ****************ed over whatever way you look it would seem. But hey at least we are good at promoting LGBTQ+ values 👍👍

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.ENERGYVOICE.COM

Norway has approved 19 new oil and gas projects in its waters, with total investment topping NOK...

In the meantime we pander to the just stop oil and net zero fools that Starmer courts, the UK is genuinely being led by fools and ****************ed over whatever way you look it would seem. But hey at least we are good at promoting LGBTQ+ values 👍👍

The only silver lining is that we are ‘keeping our powder dry’ so to speak. The oil will still be there when all this nonsense is finished with and we really need it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.ENERGYVOICE.COM

Do you reckon the offshore wind-sector will be good for the NE of England in terms of jobs? I've heard that that windfarm they're building off the coast of Shields could become a bit like Nissan was - Everyone knew someone who worked for Nissan.

Do you think an Independent Scotland would go for more or less new oil projects?

Edited by Mark J

1 hour ago, doobin said:

The only silver lining is that we are ‘keeping our powder dry’ so to speak. The oil will still be there when all this nonsense is finished with and we really need it. 

36 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Do you reckon the offshore wind-sector will be good for the NE of England in terms of jobs? I've heard that that windfarm they're building off the coast of Shields could become a bit like Nissan was - Everyone knew someone who worked for Nissan.

Do you think an Independent Scotland would go for more or less new oil projects?

The propaganda is great but the reality is totally different. Mark none of what you see off our coast is built here bud, the new ships to carry out the maintenance from the base on the Tyne are built in vietnam, 

go to blyth mate and see how many foreign vessels are there and offshore is worse ie the heavy lift barges. Stuff is made all over the world including China and shipped here, we are getting nothing but the crumbs. Scotland won’t be independent hopefully, my view on the oil and gas is same as Norways if we need it then let’s use our own to do otherwise is pure madness. 
PM me if you want bud, I’ve two mates rigging on a Bulgarian crewed  vessel out of Blyth they will enlighten you big time to what is actually going on out there and the sheer financial waste too. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

The propaganda is great but the reality is totally different. Mark none of what you see off our coast is built here bud, the new ships to carry out the maintenance from the base on the Tyne are built in vietnam, 

go to blyth mate and see how many foreign vessels are there and offshore is worse ie the heavy lift barges. Stuff is made all over the world including China and shipped here, we are getting nothing but the crumbs. Scotland won’t be independent hopefully, my view on the oil and gas is same as Norways if we need it then let’s use our own to do otherwise is pure madness. 
PM me if you want bud, I’ve two mates rigging on a Bulgarian crewed  vessel out of Blyth they will enlighten you big time to what is actually going on out there and the sheer financial waste too. 

It's a global business, they'll always want the cheapest option.

In local terms, I agree that the kit should have been built here, shameful really given the engineering heritage in the NE .My mate has just been up here doing an offshore turbine repair course, it sounds like there'll be some good opportunities for locals to make some money, if that's their kind of thing. 

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

It's a global business, they'll always want the cheapest option.

In local terms, I agree that the kit should have been built here, shameful really given the engineering heritage in the NE .My mate has just been up here doing an offshore turbine repair course, it sounds like there'll be some good opportunities for locals to make some money, if that's their kind of thing. 

So easy to put a minimum local content stipulation in at the beginning of any negotiations Mark, total lack of political will and long term vision by all the political parties. Tens of thousands of jobs being lost 😡 

• Like 3