Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Thousands of ambulance workers are staging a new strike on Monday in a long-running dispute over...

I’m all for fair pay etc but my own feeling is this level of disruption is taking things too far. 

It does seem extreme but the odds are you'll die in an ambulance before you even make it to A&E, if you even get an ambulance... Strikes are supposed to be disruptive, hopefully this will get them better pay and conditions, it wasn't that long ago that people were writing murals on the streets in support of our NHS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

It does seem extreme but the odds are you'll die in an ambulance before you even make it to A&E, if you even get an ambulance... Strikes are supposed to be disruptive, hopefully this will get them better pay and conditions, it wasn't that long ago that people were writing murals on the streets in support of our NHS.

Not me Mark nor did I partake of that clapping on the doorstep bollocks. When people are potentially losing their lives then it’s gone too far. NHS needs a shake up from top to bottom not a blank cheque. You been in A&E or a hospital lately ?? There are more staff than ever Mark, and not always as flat out worked to the bone as they make out. Admittedly the odds are against you with an MI or a Stroke but if there’s no chance of an ambulance then let’s just say to hell with it 🤷‍♂️Let’s all not bother paying tax or giving a shit. I can’t strike nor did I get a bean during the farce. Unions are enjoying the moment Mark, nearly as much as I enjoyed watching the Sturg depart. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

NHS staff have already walked off picket lines to go back to work when hospitals have got busy, don’t believe all you read.

There was a nurse on the wireless earlier saying, in real terms she’d taken a 20% pay cut over the years she’d worked for the NHS. If that’s correct it’s no surprise they are on one.

I spent most of last week in hospital with Maddy and came away slightly perplexed.

She went in Monday morning with a fever of 40.7. Have to say a&e was great..we were in to see a doctor within 5 minutes and moved on to the ward within 30.

Staff were great with Maddy. It was her birthday and they raided the cupboards and bought her loads of gifts (They have a cupboard full of stuff donated by local businesses).

Anyway she had a UTI. I stayed in overnight with her and they let us out the following day with a canular attached and told us to go back everyday at 12 noon for the next 3 days so they could administor antiobitics by IV. Now this was a pretty straight forward 15 minute procedure, but on all 3 days I ended up in the hospital for 4-5 hours. Hard to really understand what was going on, as everytime I looked at the main desk there were always at least 4-5 people there seemingly not doing much. The ward wasn't brimming with patients either. There was never more than 3-4 kids in the waiting room whilst we were there.

I tried not to read too much into things as I basically have no idea whats going on behind the scenes, but something just doesnt run smoothly there thats for sure. Perhaps they are tied up with too much paperwork, who knows.

We had to have fresh bloods taken on the thursday and waited 3 hours for this. When they called us through we went into a sideroom, where there were 6 members of staff there. 2 were doctors, might have been one student, and then an extra body who serves as a distraction for the kids. Keeping in mind I was there and perfectly capable of distracting my child, it seemed a massive waste of resources having 6 staff in there for what surely could have been done by one nurse, maybe 2 at a push. Sometimes its hard to understand where all the money goes, other times it really isnt

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Not me Mark nor did I partake of that clapping on the doorstep bollocks. When people are potentially losing their lives then it’s gone too far. NHS needs a shake up from top to bottom not a blank cheque. You been in A&E or a hospital lately ?? There are more staff than ever Mark, and not always as flat out worked to the bone as they make out. Admittedly the odds are against you with an MI or a Stroke but if there’s no chance of an ambulance then let’s just say to hell with it 🤷‍♂️Let’s all not bother paying tax or giving a shit. I can’t strike nor did I get a bean during the farce. Unions are enjoying the moment Mark, nearly as much as I enjoyed watching the Sturg depart. 

I agree that the NHS needs a shakeup. People are already losing their lives due to the state of the NHS, that's not going to get better without a significant improvement in things. Thankfully the last time I was in A&E was last year when I managed to skewer my calf on a tree, that was an 8hr wait but to be fair it was a Saturday and it was only an accident, not an emergency. I wouldn't say that unions are 'enjoying' this, I think it's shite that the majority of NHS staff round here support the strikes so there has to be something fundamentally wrong. If you'd like to be able to strike then perhaps you should go on the books and take advantage of all the *cough* advantages...

APPLE.NEWS

Inquest jury warns that ‘catastrophic’ failures that let Jake Davison have a gun are seen...

Same old story right from Dunblane to this tragic event, blatant police failings yet the cry is for more and more stringent licensing upon law abiding individuals who already operate under some of the tightest gun licensing laws in the world. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I agree that the NHS needs a shakeup. People are already losing their lives due to the state of the NHS, that's not going to get better without a significant improvement in things. Thankfully the last time I was in A&E was last year when I managed to skewer my calf on a tree, that was an 8hr wait but to be fair it was a Saturday and it was only an accident, not an emergency. I wouldn't say that unions are 'enjoying' this, I think it's shite that the majority of NHS staff round here support the strikes so there has to be something fundamentally wrong. If you'd like to be able to strike then perhaps you should go on the books and take advantage of all the *cough* advantages...

I can’t go on the books Mark there is no such thing as an employed on tbe books Diver/Supv in the North Sea hence we operate under sched D taxation. I don’t want to strike,if I’m not happy with a company or a job I talk with my feet bud. It’s served me well so far. How do you equate people wanting more money to “ something must be wrong” we all want more money or to pay less tax  eh that’s human nature or to put it another way “greed” 

• Like 1