Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

15 minutes ago, doobin said:

Or indeed the scum themselves who abuse the kids? 

That’s what I was thinking! Why are they getting a free pass here? Same with a lot of crimes if they knew they where gonna get their hands or head cut off there would be a significant drop in the number of perpetrators. 

• Like 1

That’s what I was thinking! Why are they getting a free pass here? Same with a lot of crimes if they knew they where gonna get their hands or head cut off there would be a significant drop in the number of perpetrators. 

Sadly I believe that’s not the case in USA, people continue to commit crimes punishable by death.
But I still think these sadistic evil cnuts should be hung.
As I’ve said in previous posts it’s a sad state of affairs where we have to hope the very people who can’t live by the law will be those that meter out the appropriate punishment.

Just now, Commando said:

Sadly I believe that’s not the case in USA, people continue to commit crimes punishable by death.
But I still think these sadistic evil cnuts should be hung.
As I’ve said in previous posts it’s a sad state of affairs where we have to hope the very people who can’t live by the law will be those that meter out the appropriate punishment.

The death sentence in the US is only in a few states though, right? And then they don’t seem to get necked for something like 20 years. These days the annual number of death sentences carried out is significantly under 50. Out of a nation of over 330 million and a nation with one of the highest incarcerations in the world it’s hardly a deterrent.   

But I agree with what you’ve posted. 

• Like 1

The death sentence in the US is only in a few states though, right? And then they don’t seem to get necked for something like 20 years. These days the annual number of death sentences carried out is significantly under 50. Out of a nation of over 330 million and a nation with one of the highest incarcerations in the world it’s hardly a deterrent.   

But I agree with what you’ve posted. 

27/50 so a fair few. Agree, the whole protracted death row thing is inhumane, but thats the issue…. Ensuring a fair trial and that only the guilty are executed.
IMHO where it’s absolutely clear….

“the law is that thou shalt return to the place whence thou camest and from thence to a place of execution where thou shalt hang by the neck till the body be dead. And the Lord have mercy upon thy soul”

My wife is a social worker and she has 30 cases when she should only have 12. She works in child services as well. Its easy to blame social workers but they are short staffed and underfunded.

Who would want to be a social worker, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't [emoji20]

Indeed.

My wife is a social worker and she has 30 cases when she should only have 12. She works in child services as well. Its easy to blame social workers but they are short staffed and underfunded.

I don’t really understand your point about the amount of cases, surely every case is different in its longevity?

1 minute ago, Mull said:

I don’t really understand your point about the amount of cases, surely every case is different in its longevity?

Imagine going from 12 reports to write out a week to 30. 

Or maybe this is easier to understand; instead of 12 trees you need to go “chop chop” it’s now 30 in the same time period. 🤣

Imagine going from 12 reports to write out a week to 30. 

Or maybe this is easier to understand; instead of 12 trees you need to go “chop chop” it’s now 30 in the same time period. 🤣

How big is the tree and how small is the saw?

It’s a very very big tree. And you’ve had your 30” bar replaced with a 12”. [emoji16]

Yes, plus you’ve been working from home( which you actually quite like), not easy.
Social workers tend to be hippy types that don’t like upsetting people, needing a good shake up to put a stop to wee guys like Arthur being murdered.

Somebody said earlier, damned if you do! Bloody right, damned if you do!! If you don’t a kid gets abused to death!!!
  • Like 2