Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

What I hate about politics is its always the lesser of two evils. You don't vote for who you want to win, you vote for who isn't as terrible as the other candidates. I appreciate no-one is perfect but out of 300 million people are these the best two people they can find to represent the worlds biggest superpower. I ask the same in our elections. I yearn for the day that someone actually inspirational comes along.

Its the age old problem, the best people for the job would not want it.

Just as those with a desire to do it should be excluded.

Anyone seeing what the President of the Philippines is up to? He's started a policy of policemen going round the Phillipines killing drug dealers/ addicts. Seemingly 3,000 people were killed in his first three months in office.

He's called Duterte, so he has the nickname "Duterte Harry".

In some ways I think he's doing a good thing, but it could be a slippery slope....

I have tried hard but I cant just figure out who is the biggest liar! Both of them own massive cupboards with more skeletons in them than a graveyard.

Interesting point this and I think Hilary probably gets the honours.

Firstly, Trump is unashamedly anti-establishment and certainly has the full weight of the world press and elite against him. So when you look at it that way, a bit of locker room banter (not something I'd indulge in myself but most men would!) and one dodgy tax return being all that they seem to be able to dig up so far probably isn't a bad reflection.

Secondly, Hilary isn't being subjected to anything like the same scrutiny plus she's had the weight of national security to hide behind for over twenty years (including famously her own e-mail server!). I reckon if you were told EVERYTHING about both of them over the years, Trump would probably appear like a boy scout in comparison to her.

Still, the establishment has lost one vote in the developed world this year and I doubt they're going to risk losing another!

• 3 weeks later...

It's a national disgrace.

Amber Rudd said There is no need for an enquiry as nobody died! What about the Miners that were put on remand for months on end through no fault of their own, yes, they were enticed into a trap by Thatcher and her boot boys.

South Yorkshire Police have more than Hillsborough to answer for.