Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Northern lights, anyone get a glimpse? I didnt as like a total muppet I forgot!! :D Hopefully there is another chance to catch them tonight and apparently if you take a night photo on your phone it might catch them even if you cant see them.

There are a few disappointed people around thinking the photos they've seen are what the naked eye will see.

Was lazy last night, newsnight interviewed the woman that did our tour at Kielder observatory about it, I just fell asleep.

Will have a look tonight, we're supposed to be in a high activity spot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Northern lights, anyone get a glimpse? I didnt as like a total muppet I forgot!! :D Hopefully there is another chance to catch them tonight and apparently if you take a night photo on your phone it might catch them even if you cant see them.

Great show.

20240510_231720.thumb.jpg.2b85bb1802dde9c3345f0e0414b08f41.jpg

20240510_235859.thumb.jpg.2693bbb6c15f2bd504ac4388c7f6c8db.jpg

20240510_233803.thumb.jpg.093663e1291cf75ac61dac8c62ab6ba5.jpg

20240510_233122.thumb.jpg.a91fca4f52087e2a13424482dd8ff862.jpg

20240511_000610.thumb.jpg.0a0182b24ea9d5168e7cfc6657e8bcc6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, as Doug says though, big difference between night mode on the camera and what you see with the naked eye. I got a hint of colour, but nothing hallucinogenic. 

Still great fun. 

If I said OK, I will go and plant a few acres of apples to do my bit it would be 5 years from now before I picked a meaningful crop. By that time he quite possibly won't even be a politician any more.

If he said he would guarantee any growers a price that should give them a profit he could be drowning in apples.

He won't, we can't. 

It doesn't take a genius to figure out this country is going to be very hungry in the coming years. It actually scares me as a lifelong fruit and veg producer how bad this supply situation actually is.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I don't suppose he understands or is interested in crucial details like that. Also, I'm sceptical about this achieving much - "A new supply chain adjudicator, Richard Thompson, will also be appointed, to help ensure fairness in the supply chain". I can't see him wanting to upset big business too much, by forcing the supermarkets to stop screwing the small suppliers.

Too little, too late springs to mind.

A more considered coverage of the story;-

WWW.FRUITNET.COM

Rishi Sunak announces a raft of support for horticulture sector at Farm to Fork Summit as government publishes its first UK Food...

• Like 2

Shame armed response didn’t drop him on the spot. Can’t disagree with a word the guy says in the attached picture. Pure scum that are as far from being genuine asylum seekers as it’s possible to be. 

WWW-BBC-COM.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

Moroccan asylum seeker Ahmed Alid stabbed 70-year-old Terence Carney in Hartlepool in October.

IMG_8344.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1