Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I live in the countryside, one of the cats is a fantastic mouser, seems to eat a few per day. Often gets rabbits, and had a good few rats too.

Does that mean I have a high rat per person ratio, as she's managing to find them?

Or a low rat per person ratio, as she has now eaten them?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ooh, that's a good point, never thought about cats and rats.

Maybe need a catrat ratio as well? Is she a rat fat cat? (serious, fat from rats - lots of rats). She might just be a dead clever hunter.

Not sure I would mess with a cat if I was a small animal, my neighbours cats often take on the foxes and so far have always won.

(countryside rats of course are not eating left over chips and Greggs discarded by people generally)

14 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Christ you are actually getting excited about that ffs  😞

Could well be 🤷‍♂️the difference being is I never said it wasn’t. You’re desperate to hang onto and expand this rat ratio crap when it all boils down you to stating that Glasgow wasn’t grubby a few posts back.

Trying to emphasis that whatever is written in the press, particularly the local press doesn't necessarily reflect reality. The link above is from a syndicated press site - if I searched I would find a very similar article about many towns in the UK, copied and pasted (it is what that site does). If I wanted to write a news story about rats, get paid for the week, I could go to any city and ask 100 people "Have you ever seen a rat in the city", get a quote from the one or 2 who say yes, story made. Simples. Also works for stories about litter, walk down the street 20 minutes before the bin trucks collect the trade waste, take photos "Look at the litter strewn streets", another simple story made.

That is why I prefer to look at the numbers, much less subjective.

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

Trying to emphasis that whatever is written in the press, particularly the local press doesn't necessarily reflect reality. The link above is from a syndicated press site - if I searched I would find a very similar article about many towns in the UK, copied and pasted (it is what that site does). If I wanted to write a news story about rats, get paid for the week, I could go to any city and ask 100 people "Have you ever seen a rat in the city", get a quote from the one or 2 who say yes, story made. Simples. Also works for stories about litter, walk down the street 20 minutes before the bin trucks collect the trade waste, take photos "Look at the litter strewn streets", another simple story made.

That is why I prefer to look at the numbers, much less subjective.

****************ing rats again 🤷‍♂️🥱

SNP supporter ?? 

On 02/10/2023 at 12:24, Johnsond said:

Dear oh dear and the wind blows in🤷‍♂️

weak even by your standards 42. Where did I say the ULEZ hss contributed to the state of the streets ??. I said ULEZ was another bit of lunacy that is contributing to Glasgows decline, something that Glaswegian businesses are fighting against and nobody wanted( you know where the M8 runs “ yes” ) . You presumably know the history of the implementation of ulez and the result of the consultation prior seeing as you are commenting!. 

Are we back to Chinese Wind Farms again? 🤷‍♂️

Apologies, my mistake, I misread the somewhat ambiguous statement. 🤷‍♂️ In which case; how is "ULEZ another bit of lunacy that is contributing to Glasgows decline"?

No, I don't know where the M8 runs. I've only been to Glasgow briefly, some years ago. I know nothing of the ULEZ situation or history there. Presumably it was poorly implemented, without nuance and lacking in common sense. I was hoping that you could elaborate for us, and give some insight into your outrage. Based on anecdotal evidence as experienced by yourself and "everyone you know" of course. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Before you ask - no, I'm not an SNP supporter!

There was an informal pole of residents on our road on making it a "no through road, residents only" type effort a couple of years ago. There was a slight majority in favour. Never going to happen though as there's a fire station at one end and a train station at the other.

What do you think to the drug consumption rooms in Scotland anyway? That was the original subject before you descended into your rat frenzy.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230818-drug-war-bloodbath-shakes-marseille-as-rival-gangs-shoot-it-out-1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sime42 said:

Are we back to Chinese Wind Farms again? 🤷‍♂️

Apologies, my mistake, I misread the somewhat ambiguous statement. 🤷‍♂️ In which case; how is "ULEZ another bit of lunacy that is contributing to Glasgows decline"?

No, I don't know where the M8 runs. I've only been to Glasgow briefly, some years ago. I know nothing of the ULEZ situation or history there. Presumably it was poorly implemented, without nuance and lacking in common sense. I was hoping that you could elaborate for us, and give some insight into your outrage. Based on anecdotal evidence as experienced by yourself and "everyone you know" of course. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Before you ask - no, I'm not an SNP supporter!

There was an informal pole of residents on our road on making it a "no through road, residents only" type effort a couple of years ago. There was a slight majority in favour. Never going to happen though as there's a fire station at one end and a train station at the other.

What do you think to the drug consumption rooms in Scotland anyway? That was the original subject before you descended into your rat frenzy.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230818-drug-war-bloodbath-shakes-marseille-as-rival-gangs-shoot-it-out-1

Go and google all your questions or do a modicum of research regarding the route of the M8 ( why ask me when you can get all the info online you lazy babe) and what the ulez  restrictions are doing to local businesses and the city centre , you won’t find anything from me but plenty from local business owners and residents. I think you will find it was your fellow cuck crew member whom has developed an obsession with rat numbers when faced with the truth about the state of the city.  no outrage whatsoever here 42. It’s laughable that you and your cuck mate  P keep trying to push the rage or anger accusations as a last resort wise crack every time you are confronted with a different opinion. I don’t care one bit in regards your political opinions but I do remember you being full of admiration for Sturgeons SNP during the covid farce, mind you that didn’t turn out to be yours or her finest hour did it 42 🤔

8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

you can get all the info online you lazy babe

Aha!! The message is sinking in, instead of the papers who have an agenda to sell, you are very correct, the information is all online. Glad to see you have finally taken notice! My work here might soon be done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Aha!! The message is sinking in, instead of the papers who have an agenda to sell, you are very correct, the information is all online. Glad to see you have finally taken notice! My work here might soon be done.

Hallelujah 

• Like 1