Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

However I feel that we have recently gone around and around on this, The government have the same targets as before, green energy, electric cars and electric heating, but have adjusted the time scales to be more realistic for the country to develop the infrastructure needed. I think that was in essence 'making the news today' yesterday.

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

Of course, I forget your monopoly on working. Working on Daily Mail Rage Bingo, this weekend it must be green energy weekend I guess.

None of the links below are my opinions but peer reviewed articles. In the short to medium term nuclear power is not viable, oil and fossil fuels not sustainable. Only other options are renewable or turning the lights off.

Hinkley C, a joint venture EDF (Electricity De France) and General Nuclear Corporation (China). British involvement... digging holes and pouring concrete.

Rolls Royce small and medium reactors are a few years away from being licensed, and to speed that up are requiring about a billion in investment.. which the UK government declined to invest in. They are looking at 2050 to have an established market.

Oil reserves are not my assessment, 60 years, I was wrong when I said 40 above.

Seriously show me where the rage is 🤷‍♂️I point out where you’re factually incorrect and you resort to that crap. Pathetic. I’ve never said I had a monopoly on work but I’ve worked extensively in every one of those industries and see first hand how things are done. Try looking up Aramcos current field developments and projected output, there’s no one talking about shutting down oil and gas there or in Norway. Renewables have a part to play but a balanced mix has to include something that is reliable and there all the time, I await your answer to what is the only option. 
Your opinion of UK involvement at Hinckley sums up your utter ignorance on the subject. 

Edited by Johnsond

20 minutes ago, Stubby said:

In China there are fields full of " cheap " electric cars . All registered so as to increase the sales figures to show how " green " they are . All just sitting there complete with batteries slowly degrading .

I think this is probably youtube misinformation.

China had some car short term hire schemes, like boris bikes and electric hire scooters, that failed. The firms became bankrupt and the cars are stored in fields.

21 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Access denied.

Not disbelieving you, but I saw a feature about Chinese electric vehicle production that painted a different picture.

I dunnow how to send it to you Mick . It was a watts appp that someone sent me .

23 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I think this is probably youtube misinformation.

China had some car short term hire schemes, like boris bikes and electric hire scooters, that failed. The firms became bankrupt and the cars are stored in fields.

Ok , possibly as you say . None the less they are all sitting there festering .