Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

2 years of utter self destruction and  insanity perhaps. Wholeheartedly supported, indeed more was demanded most of the time by all those of the opposition parties now crying about the measures required to pay for it 😢.  

Yeah, that’s what he was talking about…

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

An historic failure of government during the pandemic set a ticking time-bomb not just under the...

I couldn’t agree more with the comment made on LI 

Those who clamoured for it and bought into the bullshit should hang their heads in shame. 

A596DA41-4FB3-4DFC-97C7-3BA3998D2DB1.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

An historic failure of government during the pandemic set a ticking time-bomb not just under the...

I couldn’t agree more with the comment made on LI 

Those who clamoured for it and bought into the bullshit should hang their heads in shame. 

A596DA41-4FB3-4DFC-97C7-3BA3998D2DB1.png

I think that the current mess is best described as a combination of all of the above. Brexit, covid and Ukraine. Each exerts it's own unique pressure and cost on the UK economy.

4 hours ago, Big J said:

I think that the current mess is best described as a combination of all of the above. Brexit, covid and Ukraine. Each exerts it's own unique pressure and cost on the UK economy.

To convenient J I look at it in very simple terms ie what the situation was pre and post covid measures 🤷‍♂️For me it’s utterly obvious we have endured higher oil prices per barrel than this for starters and brexit was not yesterday, yet here we are not surprisingly  after printing and giving away billions in a right old mess I’ll be the first to admit politicians of all parties at min are generally an uninspiring self obsessed bunch with a few notable exceptions. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

WWW.CONTRACTORWEEKLY.COM

Defra has paid a total of £86.5m in backdated taxes to HMRC, after a lengthy investigation into historic...

I’ve just come to the end of a 4 year Hmrc investigation that cost me £131k to resolve 🤮. If government departments can’t conform or pass the cest verification process what chance have normal contractors got. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 18/11/2022 at 20:28, Mick Dempsey said:

Yeah, that’s what he was talking about…

Nobody wants to talk about how a Tory Brexit has, as predicted by some, screwed the UK.

Some people just can't admit they've been mugged:
image.thumb.png.097264228ffbedd81501fda6db4190c0.png

WWW.FT.COM

News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, the worldʼs leading global business publication

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

ONS says GDP grew by 0.2% in three months to June, suggesting Britain is not in recession

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.CONTRACTORWEEKLY.COM

Defra has paid a total of £86.5m in backdated taxes to HMRC, after a lengthy investigation into historic...

I’ve just come to the end of a 4 year Hmrc investigation that cost me £131k to resolve 🤮. If government departments can’t conform or pass the cest verification process what chance have normal contractors got. 

Did you take your accountant to court over that?

EDITION.CNN.COM

Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Scotland's government cannot unilaterally hold a second referendum on whether to secede from the United Kingdom, in a blow to independence...

"The SNP were always going to "win" this regardless of which direction the courts went: they can either have the referendum, or they can't and it just proves there's no actual democracy. They've played a blinder here."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.CONTRACTORWEEKLY.COM

This explains your position on the over 50s thread on Sunday. Our son worked under an umbrella agency getting pre-tax expenses and other perks. It all sounded too good to be true until the proverbial hit the fan. Glad it's over for you.