Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

APPLE.NEWS

VOLODYMYR Zelenskyy has thanked Prime Minister Boris Johnson for “complete”...

Credit where credit is due it would seem. I couldn’t write the the opinions of the guys I know in Ukraine about the actions or lack of them from the Germans and French. 

• Like 3

WWW.CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK

North of Tyne mayor said the under-fire Prime Minister makes promises to the public that he cannot meet

Even today in PMQ's Johnson tried to bluff his way through things by saying they were building 48 new hospitals as opposed to the 40 new ones they're allegedly building, irrespective of the fact there's no nurses anymore.  

He's an embarrassment to the country, I genuinely pity anyone who hasn't seen through his charade. 

Also: 

WWW.THEDAILYMASH.CO.UK

THE Sun is Britain’s favourite race-hate tabloid that acts like we’re constantly at war, but it’s a mistake to ever read it. Here...

Edited by Mark J
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

North of Tyne mayor said the under-fire Prime Minister makes promises to the public that he cannot meet

Even today in PMQ's Johnson tried to bluff his way through things by saying they were building 48 new hospitals as opposed to the 40 new ones they're allegedly building, irrespective of the fact there's no nurses anymore.  

He's an embarrassment to the country, I genuinely pity anyone who hasn't seen through his charade. 

And replace him with who?

Complaining without a solution is just whining. 

Plenty of Nurses at my local hospital. 

My daughters just finished her first year at Medical School, 3 more years and she’ll be a junior Doctor. With over 160 students in her year 2/3rds are British. 

You do make me laugh 😂 

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

And replace him with who?

Complaining without a solution is just whining. 

Plenty of Nurses at my local hospital. 

My daughters just finished her first year at Medical School, 3 more years and she’ll be a junior Doctor. With over 160 students in her year 2/3rds are British. 

You do make me laugh 😂 

I'm not sure I'm having this, with who, if the conservatives haven't got anyone better it really is a sad state of affairs. 

New nurse numbers are rising, what isn't mentioned is, how many are retiring/leaving the profession, the numbers simply don't stack up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm not sure I'm having this, with who, if the conservatives haven't got anyone better it really is a sad state of affairs. 

New nurse numbers are rising, what isn't mentioned is, how many are retiring/leaving the profession, the numbers simply don't stack up.

It takes four years to train to be a nurse. My current squeeze was an ITU nurse and knows things. 

Getting your 'tickets' and being competent are two very different things.

The governments of the last decade or two haven't been acting in our favour. 

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

I wonder if one big factor in the recent  scandals regarding poor care quality & culture across whole hospitals is due to staff shortages.  Is there was a surplus of nurses and doctors  it wouldn't be an automatic job once qualified.

I suppose like chainsaws tickets everyone who passes isn't actually that  competent but they can't get rid of any if are  they are desperate for staff?

Edited by Stere

2 minutes ago, Stere said:

I wonder if one big factor in the recent  scandals regarding poor care quality & culture across whole hospitals is due to staff shortages.  Is there was a surplus of nurses adoctors  it wouldn't be an automatic job once qualified.

I suppose like chainsaws tickets everyone who passes isn't actually that  competent but they can't get rid of any if are  they are desperate for staff?

The biggest factor is paying Nurses slave wages that you simply cannot live on in the UK, you can exist but not really live. This is fine for imported Eastern European and African Nurses that getting this wage is a dream come true for them, but it is sub-par for British people. 

Why go through 4 years of skilled training to then work in a high stress work environment to make slightly more than someone sitting on their arse scanning food at Tesco? 

The NHS needs torn down and built from the ground up. I am very glad I have private medical insurance for myself and my family these days. A Doctor is a "face-to-face" meeting away via an app. MRI Scans etc within a few days of approval. 

The pay nurses get is of course far too low for what they have to do, (as it is for care workers, social workers etc etc). Hence the scary A&E wait times we're seeing currently.
But why are the slave wages fine for imported Eastern European and African Nurses? They live in the UK so have to pay the same prices as the rest of us. Surely they are just existing, rather than living, the same as British nurses?

33 minutes ago, sime42 said:

The pay nurses get is of course far too low for what they have to do, (as it is for care workers, social workers etc etc). Hence the scary A&E wait times we're seeing currently.
But why are the slave wages fine for imported Eastern European and African Nurses? They live in the UK so have to pay the same prices as the rest of us. Surely they are just existing, rather than living, the same as British nurses?

They well be just existing. But they also get to take advantage of our insane benefits system, Child Benefits and Pensions to name just two. Whatever the reason they sure like to come to the UK and work and I’ll guess it’s not the weather bringing them.