Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Perhaps you could broaden your associations, I know loads of people who are rightly pissed off with them

What's this got to do with labour? There's no way they will be getting my vote anytime soon., I haven't been a member of the labour party since Starmer was voted in. 

I think that having known liars in parliament isn't going to end well for the little man. If you set the rules you should play by them, nobody likes a hypocrite. 

I mix with a pretty broad base of people Mark, most were fed up with the covid stupidity long ago. If you really were that naive and played those rules by the book then I’m not surprised you are annoyed. Mind you I don’t think for a minute that’s the case. I will agree and say that the current bunch of politicians of all parties are undoubtedly some of the worst I’ve seen in my lifetime. 

Just now, Johnsond said:

I mix with a pretty broad base of people Mark, most were fed up with the covid stupidity long ago. If you really were that naive and played those rules by the book then I’m not surprised you are annoyed. Mind you I don’t think for a minute that’s the case. I will agree and say that the current bunch of politicians of all parties are undoubtedly some of the worst I’ve seen in my lifetime. 

Was in a packed kids soft play centre today. The only people wearing masks where the staff. First time I’ve seen that level of disobedience. Then one couple came in masked up to the hilt. Very much the type I imagine 42 falls into. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Regardless of people's views on the Covid rules and restrictions, (which the majority of people did try to adhere to, as they understood their purpose), it's the repeated barefaced lying and double standards that they ought to give a shit about. The irony is that if people are too busy struggling to make ends meet to be concerned about this, then that is largely down to the same group of individuals who claim to run this country. The current cost of living crisis has been greatly exacerbated by their policies and actions. (Just consider the energy policy that was announced recently; very little help to the millions struggling right now, and a disaster for the environment). I'm astounded that some people are happy to be led by such a dishonest, unscrupulous group who clearly have no empathy or compassion for the rest of us hardworking general public. This guy really shouldn't be still in power.

It's not even a party political issue, (other parties are available btw, it doesn't have to be a dipolar debate). Even a genuine Conservative government would be better than this lot.

Grow up.....

Did you use your car today, turn your lights on or any of the other activities that require the use of natural resources?

• Thanks 2

And we're here again - one rule for us, another rule for them. But this time unusually they've been caught. At a time of immense suffering by the people the PM and his chums were having a party.
An apology won’t cut it. It’s time for him to go.
Edited by Mark J

1 minute ago, Mark J said:
And we're here again - one rule for us, another rule for them. But this time unusually they've been caught. At a time of immense suffering by the people the PM and his chums were having a party.
An apology won’t cut it. It’s time for him to go.

You seem to enjoy the rules for them when you manage to benefit from the same loopholes. You have no voice of authority here. You’re as dirty as your poster-boy Rishi. 

2 hours ago, Woodworks said:

It's not so much the parties its the endless subsequent lies.

If it was so trivial why not own up in the first place?

Of course its not trivial and he and most of the public know this but clearly some are happy being led by a proven liar

It’s not about being happy about it it’s more that as I’ve stated within the circle of peoples I mix in most have had an utter belly full of politicians and MSM headlines. As I also said I wish we had a decent opposition or indeed even a few good tories. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

Regardless of people's views on the Covid rules and restrictions, (which the majority of people did try to adhere to, as they understood their purpose), it's the repeated barefaced lying and double standards that they ought to give a shit about. The irony is that if people are too busy struggling to make ends meet to be concerned about this, then that is largely down to the same group of individuals who claim to run this country. The current cost of living crisis has been greatly exacerbated by their policies and actions. (Just consider the energy policy that was announced recently; very little help to the millions struggling right now, and a disaster for the environment). I'm astounded that some people are happy to be led by such a dishonest, unscrupulous group who clearly have no empathy or compassion for the rest of us hardworking general public. This guy really shouldn't be still in power.

It's not even a party political issue, (other parties are available btw, it doesn't have to be a dipolar debate). Even a genuine Conservative government would be better than this lot.

This popped up today and kind of put it in a nutshell, at least imo.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You seem to enjoy the rules for them when you manage to benefit fro'm the same loopholes. You have no voice of authority here. You’re as dirty as your poster-boy Rishi. 

Hew muppet, Nobody is sending me fines for criminal activities. What's Your poster boy Rishi got to do with it?

3 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

This popped up today and kind of put it in a nutshell, at least imo.

He makes a good point ( for a change) I simply dont care about Tories meeting for beers in a garden, I do care very much about people using legal loop holes to dodge tax

Hiding its one thing, but it sticks in your craw when the Putin lover here openly boasts about it yet condems them for doing the very same