Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

42 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

let’s face it we all broke the utterly ridiculous pointless rules didn’t we !!, I know I certainly did and would again. 

They MADE the rules, and told the public to abide by them.

Then they broke them and lied about breaking them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Just highlights how utterly pointless the rules 

Maybe so, maybe no. 
But these were the rules that THEY put in place, made law and prosecuted people for breaking.

It highlights the corruption and incompetence of the current administration.

• Like 9

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

Maybe so, maybe no. 
But these were the rules that THEY put in place, made law and prosecuted people for breaking.

It highlights the corruption and incompetence of the current administration.

They are certainly corrupt

The nonsense rules where strong armed on them by the SAGE wankers drunk on power

They knew it was nonsense and acted accordingly, I did the same

Mark Js buddy certainly needs to go for his tax dodging shenanigan's, I dont think those who use their common sense need to 

We all have our opinions on this matter and we can exercise this via our vote when the time comes, I know Ill not be considering a garden party with a few beers as a reason not to vote for a party, I will hold the parties that screamed blue murder for heavier lock-downs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

They are certainly corrupt

The nonsense rules where strong armed on them by the SAGE wankers drunk on power

They knew it was nonsense and acted accordingly, I did the same

Mark Js buddy certainly needs to go for his tax dodging shenanigan's, I dont think those who use their common sense need to 

We all have our opinions on this matter and we can exercise this via our vote when the time comes, I know Ill not be considering a garden party with a few beers as a reason not to vote for a party, I will hold the parties that screamed blue murder for heavier lock-downs

So they’re corrupt and lacking in conviction  (according to you by being supine in bowing to SAGE) 

Liars as well. 

Nice bunch.

• Like 1

Regardless of people's views on the Covid rules and restrictions, (which the majority of people did try to adhere to, as they understood their purpose), it's the repeated barefaced lying and double standards that they ought to give a shit about. The irony is that if people are too busy struggling to make ends meet to be concerned about this, then that is largely down to the same group of individuals who claim to run this country. The current cost of living crisis has been greatly exacerbated by their policies and actions. (Just consider the energy policy that was announced recently; very little help to the millions struggling right now, and a disaster for the environment). I'm astounded that some people are happy to be led by such a dishonest, unscrupulous group who clearly have no empathy or compassion for the rest of us hardworking general public. This guy really shouldn't be still in power.

It's not even a party political issue, (other parties are available btw, it doesn't have to be a dipolar debate). Even a genuine Conservative government would be better than this lot.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

So they’re corrupt and lacking in conviction  (according to you by being supine in bowing to SAGE) 

Liars as well. 

Nice bunch.

Horrid corrupt wankers. 

But the lesser of two (or 3 or four) evils. 

My opinion of course, but Labours track record in power is abysmal. No whataboutery just cold hard facts. Lib Dems? Folded like wet paper last time they where in power and their Leader at the time has shown where his morals are when he joined Facebook. Have these parties changed? I’d say no if Kneel Starner is anything to go by. They are all literally as bad as each other. 

So where does that leave us? I guess voting for the horrid corrupt wankers who offer the empty promises that align with our POV best. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

They MADE the rules, and told the public to abide by them.

Then they broke them and lied about breaking them.

And !! 
Mick my point is most people have zero respect for most politicians of any party at the minute, I really wish we had a valid opposition or better still some decent tories, the rules were utter utter stupidity and quite frankly most I know pretty much ignored them especially after the initial lockdown. If those who stuck rigidly to them are now up in arms then more fool them. To be honest I’d have thought the Met would of had far more serious things to be getting on with. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2