Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Possibly not, I lived in a Tory stronghold when I last voted, the only way to try to get change was by voting for the smaller parties. A wasted vote but so would have been voting for Labour.

I'm back in the 'Red Wall' now, the people I've spoke to have realised the error of their ways now.

And I’m up here in lunatic Scotland where no matter how you vote we end up with the SNP.

The SNP propped up by the Greens. The Tail now wagging the Dog forcing the SNP to pretend to want to do away with our biggest asset, Oil. A massive new project has just been abandoned due to the Greens demands and Sturgeon’s weakness at a loss of around 2000 potential jobs.

Coalitions you say? Yeh, as I said. No thanks.

8 minutes ago, Mark J said:

He committed empire’s greatest sin. He exposed it as a criminal enterprise. He documented its lies, callous disregard...

That's an interesting read Mark.  I'm deeply uncomfortable with the whole situation - I'm guessing you are too?

Before we get too cozy agreeing on something though....  😁

Take the closing passage of the article:

"....Assange, at tremendous personal cost, warned us. He gave us the truth. The ruling class is crucifying him for this truth. With his crucifixion, the dim lights of our democracy go dark...."

If we were to swap out the name Assange for - Mmmmmm, who shall we swap in....?

Just for shits and giggles, let's swap out Assange and swap in Robinson.

Would you still be outraged?

Now I'm not going to suggest that Robinson has been victimised by the state to the same degree and intensity as Assange, it would probably be like comparing premier league and Sunday league, but I want to play "the ball" rather than the man.

Do your principles of outrage extend universally or are those that you don't like somehow less deserving of justice?

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 15.36.50.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

That's an interesting read Mark.  I'm deeply uncomfortable with the whole situation - I'm guessing you are too?

Before we get too cozy agreeing on something though....  😁

Take the closing passage of the article:

"....Assange, at tremendous personal cost, warned us. He gave us the truth. The ruling class is crucifying him for this truth. With his crucifixion, the dim lights of our democracy go dark...."

If we were to swap out the name Assange for - Mmmmmm, who shall we swap in....?

Just for shits and giggles, let's swap out Assange and swap in Robinson.

Would you still be outraged?

Now I'm not going to suggest that Robinson has been victimised by the state to the same degree and intensity as Assange, it would probably be like comparing premier league and Sunday league, but I want to play "the ball" rather than the man.

Do your principles of outrage extend universally or are those that you don't like somehow less deserving of justice?

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 15.36.50.png

Well....

I think there is merit in playing "the ball", but I'm not sure that Assange and Yaxley-Lenon are playing the same game though; there are similarities - air filled ball, grass pitch, goal posts, it's not necessarily the same sport.

In terms of my 'principles of justice' - I think the motivations of Assange and shitfingers robinson are wholly different. I also think that the gov are terrified of Assange, as evidenced by their actions. If they really didn't want TR to spout his stuff, he'd be in a perpetual box in Belmarsh too. 

Edited by Mark J

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Well....

I think there is merit in playing "the ball", but I'm not sure that Assange and Yaxley-Lenon are playing the same game though; there are similarities - air filled ball, grass pitch, goal posts, it's not necessarily the same sport.

In terms of my 'principles of justice' - I think the motivations of Assange and shitfingers robinson are wholly different. I also think that the gov are terrified of Assange, as evidenced by their actions. If they really didn't want TR to spout his stuff, he'd be in a perpetual box in Belmarsh too. 

So it’s the motivation of the activist which defines the level of state abuse they might be subjected to and the degree of righteous outrage that good people might express...

Just playing Mark, not one to get wrapped up about. 

31 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

So it’s the motivation of the activist which defines the level of state abuse they might be subjected to and the degree of righteous outrage that good people might express...

Just playing Mark, not one to get wrapped up about. 

Sort of.

One of them is an agent of the state, the other one isn't. 

It's quite strange, you have hippie crystal merchants  mixing with the EDL in marches.
The divide thing is the changer, you know a fair bit about the changing of things, you'll understand that. 
I am enjoying watching more people embrace the spirit of self-control.
Merry Christmas.

Edited by Mark J

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

He committed empire’s greatest sin. He exposed it as a criminal enterprise. He documented its lies, callous disregard...

A grim read and a horrible fate, I'd guess this is happening all the time to countless unknown others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

A woman has been convicted of murdering her girlfriend’s 16-month-old toddler after abusing her for months, despite five...

Sadly an all too often occurrence. 

What the hell is happening in this country😫. Time to bring back hanging. Time to start holding the social services, police and local government accountable for their actions or again as in this case - inaction🤔. The people who did nothing need to be charged with dereliction of duty as a minimum.

• Like 3