Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

41 minutes ago, Big J said:

Both my wife and I got fuelled up fine in Tiverton today at Esso. Seems to be a lot more supply there without the massive queues we have in Cullompton.

Diesel seems to have gone up to £1.47 at the major service stations and short queues, longer ones at the local stations but I didn't notice much change in price.

My local Shell is out of all petrol and only had diesel in stock. Limited to £30 per person.

I was in for petrol for my Jerry cans but since that was out I topped off my diesel tank. :D 

Popped over to Asda and again a £30 limit, filled three cans and thought nothing of it. Ended up back there later that as I bought my daughter a car to pass her test in. Only let me put £7 as Id used my card earlier. You can imagine the looks on the folks behind as I put the nozzle back and punch in another card to add what they must imagine is another £30. :D

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

My local Shell is out of all petrol and only had diesel in stock. Limited to £30 per person.

I was in for petrol for my Jerry cans but since that was out I topped off my diesel tank. :D 

Popped over to Asda and again a £30 limit, filled three cans and thought nothing of it. Ended up back there later that as I bought my daughter a car to pass her test in. Only let me put £7 as Id used my card earlier. You can imagine the looks on the folks behind as I put the nozzle back and punch in another card to add what they must imagine is another £30. :D

My village had run out when the nonsense started . Yesterday they had a delivery  and today its all gone . When the tanker arrived the muppets went 3 abreast trying to get in blocking off the tanker drivers exit . The staff came out and said they would not turn the pumps on till peeps moved to let the tanker out .  No one wanted to loose their place  it took a while for the penny to drop . Brainless imbeciles .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Diesel seems to have gone up to £1.47 at the major service stations and short queues, longer ones at the local stations but I didn't notice much change in price.

I'm on my fuel card so about £1.11 plus VAT.

It had never occurred to me before but isn't it wonderful that we pay VAT on the full amount? So we're charged VAT on the duty. A tax charged on a tax. Fabulous. 😠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Big J said:

I'm on my fuel card so about £1.11 plus VAT.

It had never occurred to me before but isn't it wonderful that we pay VAT on the full amount? So we're charged VAT on the duty. A tax charged on a tax. Fabulous. 😠

The UK is beyond doubt a rip off. Its eye wateringly expensive for those that contribute the most and they/we get so little recognition or anything back. We're just told we need to shoulder more and more as we're clearly earning too much. 

Hopefully you'll no get your pants pulled down in Sweden and get disillusioned to quickly. I thought Norway was utopia for the first 3 years then reality set in. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Big J said:

Yes but it's a tax that rich people make good use of and find ways out of paying it from personal money.

Again this is why I like a purchase tax on "luxuries"

• Haha 1