Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

19 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Maybe making the news tomorrow.

Although I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. :)

Do you think these are "actual" UFO's as we know them or something up there that Russia, or China have sent up?

• Like 1

I think it's more likely to be russia, China or just another usa department rather than little green men.

I believe that there is alien life out there but I think Arthur C Clarke said it right when he said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Although I don't discount that they could just be pissing about and having a laugh. :)If they have the tech to travel to earth then they Shirley have the tech to do it without being seen.

Imagine the issues that would arise when/if we are contacted by alien life, I can understand why it would be kept a secret, if that's possible.

Who knows.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Although I love the pubs ( I think there is a lot of snobbery about Spoons) he is a Cnut
So I suppose I’m a hypocrite cos I like cheap real ale and I don’t mind the sharp business practices that gets me it. Mind, haven’t been in one for ?? GOK

Staunch Brexiter wants migration rules relaxing to staff his pubs!

Edited by eggsarascal

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Only because the government is paying U.K. based citizens 80% of their wages in furlough. One has to give. Either allow controlled (heavily controlled) migration from European, which can be ended quickly and not have to fund their children back in Eastern Europe indefinitely after or quit the charade that is furlough and get the dossers back to work. 

Simples. (Smiley face)

• Like 1

I know. Being a Remainer I have boycotted Dyson products but I cannot boycott Rosies 8% cider at a couple of quid a pint. Had a few of those at the Spoons in Broad Street Birmingham a few years back. Deceptively strong and very drinkable
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Only because the government is paying U.K. based citizens 80% of their wages in furlough. One has to give. Either allow controlled (heavily controlled) migration from European, which can be ended quickly and not have to fund their children back in Eastern Europe indefinitely after or quit the charade that is furlough and get the dossers back to work. 

Simples. (Smiley face)

Made our bed, now we have to lie in it. And what's furlough got to do with it? He can take his staff off furlough. He can't get staff because us Brits don't want to work in pubs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Made our bed, now we have to lie in it. And what's furlough got to do with it? He can take his staff off furlough. He can't get staff because us Brits don't want to work in pubs.

Not when there is 80% of wages handed out. 

There is literally millions of Europe’s who have gained the right to stay in the U.K. They might enjoy working in a Pub, but I expect they like free cash even more. 

Round my way, pre-Covid the vast majority of Pub/Restaurant workers where British students. I suspect it’s no different now.