Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

24 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

A slight aside  to this. We received our usual Lidl weekly promotion literature yesterday. There was a section on Beers of the World, lots of French and Belgian stuff, American,  Irish, even Japanese and Australian beers, plus several European ones. Just one British beer,  Brewdog from Scotland, not one of the usual ones such as Speckled Hen, Bishop's Finger etc. That's the first time that there hasn't been a decent British selection, sign of the times maybe?

It could be down the new amazing trade deal we have, also breweries have scaled things down. No pubs = no profit.
I'd still rather chop a bollock off than give Tim Martin any coin.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin has today criticised the EU for raising a load of workshy fops unwilling to come over...

Smiley.

Perhaps the real reason working in the U.K. was not so much the jobs and wages but the access to our benefits system? Now that they’re denied the rights to rape the system working for minimum wage is not any more appealing for them as it is for the supposedly workshy here in the U.K.?

If this results in companies all over the U.K. being forced to pay a real living wage to British people then I’m all for that. :) I’d far rather British people who do want to work being paid a liveable wage to make it worth their while instead of some Eastern European who is entitled to a raft of benefits that is sent to these countries and allows them to live to a far higher standard than those on the same wage could enjoy here in the U.K. 

It really is a win/win.

Money generated in the U.K. stays in the economy. 

British citizens could be paid a wage that actually entices them off of a life of benefits.

Weatherspoons has to increase their prices and it keeps the Junkie Cider swilling families out. ;) 

Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving. :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Weatherspoons has to increase their prices and it keeps the Junkie Cider swilling families out. ;)

So you manage to make some reasonably acceptable points with only a few digs about the people in society that you don't like, well done!

Then you feel the need to finish off with a final, completely unwarranted barbed comment, directed towards  another forum member and their family. What the hell is wrong with you? 

• Like 3

Just now, Youngstu said:

So you manage to make some reasonably acceptable points with only a few digs about the people in society that you don't like, well done!

Then you feel the need to finish off with a final, completely unwarranted barbed comment, directed towards  another forum member and their family. What the hell is wrong with you? 

Well, that’s your opinion. What I was referring to of course is the clientele that Weatherspoons is well renowned for. It’s hardly a secret that the dross of society hang out on a daily basis in places where they have access to cheap booze, since we’re discussing Weatherspoons it happens to be a prime example. 

:)  

• Like 2

Just now, trigger_andy said:

Well, that’s your opinion. What I was referring to of course is the clientele that Weatherspoons is well renowned for. It’s hardly a secret that the dross of society hang out on a daily basis in places where they have access to cheap booze, since we’re discussing Weatherspoons it happens to be a prime example. 

:)  

Ah yes, sorry I forgot that you'd including a winky faced emoji that showed everyone that you weren't really being a ....  

People have used many applicable words to describe him, non of them complimentary. A complete and utter lack of respect for anyone but himself is as good a summary as any. Obviously vengeful as well.
He's either an under-rock dweller of the highest order or indeed a sociopath. Either way I don't believe he is welcome, liked or even respected by the vast majority of decent Arbtalk users.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Ah yes, sorry I forgot that you'd including a winky faced emoji that showed everyone that you weren't really being a ....  

My excessive use of emojis has been well documented of late. :)

Take no heed of them for they are meaningless gibberish. ;)

Surely a price rise in the likes of Weatherspoons caused by an increased wage for the workers there is an acceptable price to pay? If a knock-on effect of this price rise is junkies, drunks and bums no longer frequent their establishments and allowing the return of honest working members of the public and their family’s can only be seen as a positive, no? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

My excessive use of emojis has been well documented of late. :)

Take no heed of them for they are meaningless gibberish. ;)

Surely a price rise in the likes of Weatherspoons caused by an increased wage for the workers there is an acceptable price to pay? If a knock-on effect of this price rise is junkies, drunks and bums no longer frequent their establishments and allowing the return of honest working members of the public and their family’s can only be seen as a positive, no? 

So you were making a deliberately vicious comment directed towards another member of the forum and their family then,  without any real provocation!

Just as I thought.

• Like 1