Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

10 minutes ago, donnk said:

bit OTT with the faux rage there.

With such a small infection rate of 3000 in 100 000 its not unreasonable so many people know absolutely no one who a) has had it or b) died from it.

It doesn't help that there is zero trust in government figures either as it seems everything is put down as a covid death now, no one dies of old age anymore.

Cheers I thought I was maybe being a bit sensitive 

3 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

What do you mean by "Faux rage"? Do you think I've made this up that my wife is still rough with this? 

That’s genuinely unfortunate but as I’ve asked several times now where did I mention Boring or your wife being a statistic or anything that justifies the who the **************** do you think you are comment. After an outburst like that I’d say asking for an explanation is not too much 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:

I keep hearing these examples on this Forum of this fit one and that healthy one who had it and are still floored by it etc etc , whilst I’m not deriding people’s own experience   or saying this is not the case this is most certainly not my experience or the experience of those who have had it that I know. There are some on here claiming to know literally  dozens of people whom have had the virus and it’s invariably a horror story. Big J quotes confirmed statistics. The  symptomatic people I know young and old described either very little or moderate to bad Flu like symptoms 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️I’m no Doctor or expert but this rollercoaster of lockdowns is helping no one in any way shape or form. 

I know a Chinese mate ( Mike Chung ) who works in a private hospital who had to have a random test as he was asked to visit another hospital in the group ( he works in pathology ) and tested + for C19 . . No symptoms , not feeling ill at all . Tested again 2 days later still  +  but still ripe as nine pence . Then there were 2 Olympic grade athletes who tested + ( a rower and a track and field dude ) who have " long covid " . In their words " I have no physicality at all , 2 months after testing - .  There is no constant with it .       

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

Just now, Stubby said:

I know a Chinese mate ( Mike Chung ) who works in a private hospital who had to have a random test as he was asked to visit another hospital in the group ( he works in pathology ) and tested + for C19 . . No symptoms , not feeling ill at all . Tested again 2 days later still  + .  Then there were 2 Olympic grade athletes who tested + ( a rower and a track and field dude ) who have " long covid " . In their words " I have no physicality at all , 2 months after testing - .  There is no constant with it .       

I don’t deny any of that nor would I try and downplay anyone else’s personal experience or grief caused by this situation , I still stand by my conviction that lockdowns are doing as much if not more damage long term that Covid ever will. People’s perception of the severity of this is bound to be based upon personal experience, I’ve certainly got no faith in MSM after the last 10 months. The reaction earlier by others was based on what ?? Having a different experience or opinion of the severity of and actions to be taken in regard to COVID 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 2