Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

10 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

And again...

When you gob off at someone who calls you out for being offensive that doesn't mean that they are easily offended, it possibly indicates that you are being offensive towards someone or other. If your opinions and views are sufficiently offensive that you can't state them in black and white on a public forum maybe share them with each other on private messages, rather than getting all upitty about being called out on those opinions. We all know that there are plenty in society who do share your (apparent) views but it doesn't make sharing them widely is entirely ok in 2020, times have moved on. 

What are these apparent views that I can’t share in public ???? 
My views are the same views I had in 2000,2010,2020 ?‍♂️ 
Whom have i offended ???. What racist or homophobic remark have I made ???. 
This ott  political correctness you eloquently promote is what I disagree with. I’ve stated my case based upon my life experiences and what I feel about the tolerance of the UK and what my own work environment allows me to see in regards to different races and nationalities. 
I’d bet my last pound  that on a day to day basis I come into contact with a greater variety of cultures and nationalities  than either yourself or pepper pot. If I was this offensive intolerant individual you allude to I’d be out of a job in days. I can line up in front of you from my last project Black Nigerian. Egyptian Muslim, Indian Sikh and a mixture of European   and Scandinavian guys and you can ask any of them If I am offensive !!! I think you will be laughed off the deck. Ps if you want a disagreement on your views I’ll ask a few of the Eastern European engine room guys to have a chat. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jamespepperpot said:

I wasn't making an argument just saying it seems you're offended by what you see on TV. 

Its just interesting that for the amount of arb related work you do it seems you take up a lot of bandwidth on here. It dilutes the forum.

Talking about soul mates it seems like you have your very own right wing love triangle going on ?

When have I said that what’s on TV annoys me ?? It’s ott Political correctness that was I believe the subject matter. 
Once again you mention my non tree type income source. I’d say that you are borderline discriminatory here. Diluted the forum ? there are several other parts of the forum you can use that are exclusively Arb related ???. You do see the irony of the points you are making about people’s opinions and then non Arb types etc etc I hope. 
Right wing ??? not sure where you get that from. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

When have I said that what’s on TV annoys me ?? It’s ott Political correctness that was I believe the subject matter. 
Once again you mention my non tree type income source. I’d say that you are borderline discriminatory here. Diluted the forum ? there are several other parts of the forum you can use that are exclusively Arb related ???. You do see the irony of the points you are making about people’s opinions and then non Arb types etc etc I hope. 
Right wing ??? not sure where you get

By claiming its OTT it obviously triggers you in some way.

Let's see a selfie of all you and your colleagues then Johnson, otherwise you're just claiming things without any proof. I apologise for any oil rig worker discrimination, perhaps I should go back to PC school 

8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Right wing ??? not sure where you get that from. 

I see what your problem is brother....

Its 2020. 

In 2020 it’s simply ‘not enough’ to be a decent, rounded, balanced and experienced person that takes anyone they meet at face value (until proven otherwise.)

In 2020 passive ‘decent humanity’ is just not enough - unless you are a rabid, foam at the mouth, Antifa, BLM, gay pride activist you simply ain’t trying hard enough and you might as well rename yourself Alf Garnet. 

It’s the modern day self flagellation most favoured by the Tarquin’s & Jermima’s who are overwhelmed with guilt from the capitalist gains of their parents generation. 

The irony of course, is that the more we see of this overt activism / often lawlessness, the closer it brings us towards anarchy - still the underlying objective of many of the hard core elements that exist within these groups. 

Ironic because that same anarchy would result in such circumstances that would likely be most unpalatable to the whiniest bar stewards. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jamespepperpot said:

By claiming its OTT it obviously triggers you in some way.

Let's see a selfie of all you and your colleagues then Johnson, otherwise you're just claiming things without any proof. I apologise for any oil rig worker discrimination, perhaps I should go back to PC school 

Very very poor and quite frankly ignorant reply, why on earth would I lie about the make up of a project team. The 3 x 3.4 inspection coordinators I quoted ie Vijay (Indian) Ahmed (Egyptian) and George (Nigerian) would be in hysterics at me asking to have a selfie to prove that I’m not some racist intolerant bigot. We don’t tend to get massive group pics with ID on to indicate race and religion. So in your eyes if I think something is politically correct to the point of ridiculousness then I have an issue ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️If that’s the case millions  of everyday working class people the UK have an issue With ludicrous ott pc and that includes many different races not just white. 
Ps 

Next time a client forks out the tens of thousands of pounds required to mobilise a crew and cover flights and quarantine/testing etc I’ll take a pic of the crew list and post it in the meantime you will just have to cling to the shred of hope  that I’m lying. 

Edited by Johnsond

Just now, Mark J said:
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Boris Johnson has not walked away from trade talks - but says the EU must change direction to save them.

Newsflash: Boris Johnson fails to negotiate the easiest trade deal in history.

Fail? I see this as an absolute win. WHO terms here we come. 

Wont happen of course, its all smoke and mirrors. Only a total chocolate would think there wont be an 11th hour deal thrashed out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jamespepperpot said:

I wasn't making an argument just saying it seems you're offended by what you see on TV. 

Its just interesting that for the amount of arb related work you do it seems you take up a lot of bandwidth on here. It dilutes the forum.

Talking about soul mates it seems like you have your very own right wing love triangle going on ?

Aye, there was in influx of right wing 'commentators' who joined arbtalk around brexit time and have hung around since then. There were some before but they eventually got booted out. Not that that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by Mark J

16 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Aye, there was in influx of right wing 'commentators' arrived around brexit time and have hung around since then. There were some before but they eventually got booted out. Not that that there's anything wrong with that.

Aye mate marra like 

right wing commentators lol ? 

Just curious Mark what’s your company called ??. 
Whom got booted out ?? Quite frankly it’s a shame you think along those lines, the trend to oft quoted the other forms of employment some take on here rather than pure Arb shall I say I’d like a child not wanting certain people at a party. 
Me joining the forum coincided more with a return to milling and timber framing and the desire to improve my knowledge than the political scenario. 

Edited by Johnsond