Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

19 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Mark it’s a waste of time as your mind is made up as it has been on many occasions, to be honest If id posted as much discredited shite as you I’d not be banging the same drum still. 
The negativity is tiring bud, stick some answers or ideas up for a change eh 

Post some positive and useful things that the gov are doing and I'll give them, and you, a round of applause.
The way the government are treating us is shameful. Suggesting that we're too thick to comprehend what their exit strategy is.
Who do they think they are?
They're meant to work for us.
Not the other way round, bud.

Edited by Mark J

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Post some positive and useful things that the gov are doing and I'll give them, and you, a round of applause.
The way the government are treating us is shameful. Suggesting that we're too thick to comprehend what their exit strategy is.
Who do they think they are?
They're meant to work for us.
Not the other way round, bud.

Mark I’m not the one whom comes on here relentlessly dripping on about Boris or the Tories. All governments are cunts ?‍♂️ You not worked that one out yet !!. 
I asked you in an earlier post to put up a few answers or positive ideas etc etc etc rather than the standard left wing anti tory whinge fest. I presume you ain’t an unintelligent guy and the fact that you have realised that going ltd and partaking of a bit of right wing capitalist style tax burden reduction in life would back that presumption up, but as others have alluded to you definitely are blinded by the regional labour indoctrination. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Mark I’m not the one whom comes on here relentlessly dripping on about Boris or the Tories. All governments are cunts ?‍♂️ You not worked that one out yet !!. 
I asked you in an earlier post to put up a few answers or positive ideas etc etc etc rather than the standard left wing anti tory whinge fest. I presume you ain’t an unintelligent guy and the fact that you have realised that going ltd and partaking of a bit of right wing capitalist style tax burden reduction in life would back that presumption up, but as others have alluded to you definitely are blinded by the regional labour indoctrination. 

Well, I have no political affiliation for starters. I'd probably vote for the green party if proportional representation was a thing.
In my day to day life I see huge amounts of social division and injustice. I'm close friends with people who are heavily involved in the social care sector.
I make decent business choices, which sees me alright. I employ a few people too. Both of my companies are limited companies. My accountant advised me to go that way (everyone should get an accountant).
I've been on the bones of my arse more than once. I'm lucky and everyone needs a bit of luck.
So, tell me about the good things the tories are doing or get back yer box.
When you say that all government are cnuts, I think it's a bit defeatist. They're only that way because we let them get away with it.

Edited by Mark J

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Well, I have no political affiliation for starters. I'd probably vote for the green party if proportional representation was a thing.
In my day to day life I see huge amounts of social division and injustice. I'm close freinds with people who are heavily involved in the social care sector.
I make decent business choices, which sees me alright. I employ a few people too. Both of my companies are limited companies. My accountant advised me to go that way (everyone should get an accountant).
I've been on the bones of my arse more than once. I'm lucky and everyone needs a bit of luck.
So, tell me about the good things the tories are doing or get back in yer box.

I’m not the one dripping about things Mark (You do get that point I presume )so I’ve not yet left my box as you so ineloquently put it. All I asked is rather than the constant non political affiliation tory drip fest was throw in a few positive ideas. You can’t keep saying the same back as the question was originally asked of yourself ?‍♂️?‍♂️. Anyway you need to get to  sleep or you will be too tired to fulfil your director roles or take advice from your accountants ref tax reduction. 
PS Everyone needs a GOOD accountant I’d agree, 30 yrs self employed I’ve seen a few at both ends of scale. you are not the only one who sees social injustice or has been skint mark, you know where I came from. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I’m not the one dripping about things Mark (You do get that point I presume )so I’ve not yet left my box as you so ineloquently put it. All I asked is rather than the constant non political affiliation tory drip fest was throw in a few positive ideas. You can’t keep saying the same back as the question was originally asked of yourself ?‍♂️?‍♂️. Anyway you need to get to  sleep or you will be too tired to fulfil your director roles or take advice from your accountants ref tax reduction. 
PS Everyone needs a GOOD accountant I’d agree, 30 yrs self employed I’ve seen a few at both ends of scale. you are not the only one who sees social injustice or has been skint mark, you know where I came from. 

Mate, I'm just a scientist who works with trees.  If I had a clue about politics, I'd probably be a politician.
I know a little bit about viruses and how they work but I'm no epidomologist either.
I'd prefer it if the people 'in charge' seemed to have a clue. I really think that the gov deserves a hiding for the way they've handled it. I can't see how anyone would think anything other than that.
Unless of couse, you can enlighten me on the good work the gov is doing?

Edited by Mark J

Not being funny mate, of the 2 of us, I’d suggest you’d have far greater success at the Paralympic Games than I. 

Your geographical handicap has resulted in political retardation.

Ah, nice,  Mr Johnson. Those two barbs may just liven up what looks like another dull day in purdah. I thank you, Sir. God bless you.

9 hours ago, djbobbins said:

I like to think I am a pretty good judge of a person, although I have a tendency to be too trusting. I have got no time for Johnson at all, I think he’s a charlatan that doesn’t have the sense of duty to undertake the role he’s in. I don’t doubt his intelligence but I think the whole buffoon thing is part affectation, part consequence of not being interested in any detail that isn’t self-serving.

I posted a link to the Sunday Times article on my Facebook yesterday evening (of which I have a few as FB contacts) and am yet to hear a dickie bird by way of a comment in Boris’ defence.

Initial gloss wearing off??

I dont think the gloss is wearing off, where it ever there in the first place. I think collectively those with even a median level of intelligence are still letting out a deep slow breath that Labour did not win the last election. Johnson was by far the lesser of two evils when stood next to Corbyn. 

Many people who continually whine about Johnson and the Tories seem to suffer from conformation bias and will of course find links to back up their point of view. You simply cannot debate with these types. So the usual Twatter/Facebook ranters are all out in full force whinging at Johnson? I'll assume many just dont care about their point of view enough to bother replying to it. Ive seen a fellow Arbtalk member posting what I think is nonsense regarding this very issue and I'll not engage him there about it but will happily do so here.  

• Like 1

The Times is a  a Pinko press? ?

Nah its  tory but less "red trousers" than the telegraph who would support Boris even if he declared himself  King of UK, and his many offspring the new heirs.

Or went round starkers in public barking like a dog etc.

6 hours ago, Mark J said:

Mate, I'm just a scientist who works with trees.  If I had a clue about politics, I'd probably be a politician.
I know a little bit about viruses and how they work but I'm no epidomologist either.
I'd prefer it if the people 'in charge' seemed to have a clue. I really think that the gov deserves a hiding for the way they've handled it. I can't see how anyone would think anything other than that.
Unless of couse, you can enlighten me on the good work the gov is doing?

Look out the window Mark the sun is shining this morning so try and let a bit of that bounce off you. Regarding defeatist that’s  not quite how I see it more akin to being jaded after watching all my life a succession of labour then conservative then labour then conservative ?‍♂️?‍♂️. The saying you can’t please all the people all the time is very true, you can’t realistically expect any government to be totally ahead of every game and  expert in all fields. If they had shut down things as the Chinese did the civil liberties crowd would have went nuts. My own view is as an island nation we missed a golden opportunity to seal all borders and cut nearly all commercial flights out right at the beginning , ( Globalisation ??) I’ve no doubt they acted on advice but hey ho I’m not whining about it. Im not here to support or deride anyone so don’t feel the need to sit and put up links to any good work that’s being done. 
On a different  totally non political  note once this is all done I’ll be down in Northumberland to see family and will need a dozen or so logs to mill up to do some repairs at my sisters stables, any ideas ??. You can buy me a coffee too and put it on  ltd company expenses ?

Edited by Johnsond
  • Thanks 1