Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I’ve said before I’m no Tory boy, and think a strong opposition is always good for the country.

Why, then, won’t Labour fuck Corbyn off out of it?

He’s a lying delusional psychopath.

He has some good policies, but so did Hitler.

Real, sensible Labour politicians like Smith must be turning in their graves.

My 6 year old daughter knows what a £10 minimum wage would do to this country.

Is he really as thick as his fat, racist sidekick?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, difflock said:

Danny "Morglus", phonetic spelling only.

Him, with his spendthrift nature and jealous/envious attitude towards others who were accruing, regardless of earning power,  plus many others with similar revolutionary mindsets, have indeed helped to "form" my character down through the years.

mth:P

So, you knew some bloke years ago who pissed it up the wall, then moaned about people who had worked, and saved hard to get where they are today.

It's a rare way to judge everyone that doesn't agree with your political way of thinking, IMHO.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’ve said before I’m no Tory boy, and think a strong opposition is always good for the country.

Why, then, won’t Labour fuck Corbyn off out of it?

He’s a lying delusional psychopath.

He has some good policies, but so did Hitler.

Real, sensible Labour politicians like Smith must be turning in their graves.

My 6 year old daughter knows what a £10 minimum wage would do to this country.

Is he really as thick as his fat, racist sidekick?

But, George Osborne pledged he would do much the same.

Am I missing something?

The only reason the Tories are in such a muddle, (Brexit aside) is because of the likes of Corbyn.

Edited by eggsarascal

10 hours ago, the village idiot said:

The people we put into power are a reflection of ourselves. We think about who will make us happiest and vote accordingly. 

It is quite telling that the people we elect very rarely improve our happiness once they start doing their thing.

Are we wrong about the things that really make us happy?

It could be worth taking a step back and letting your brain loose on this. If we can realise what truly brings us contentment and our thoughts and behaviour adjust accordingly, politicians will have to change their rhetoric and policies to get into power. We then might see some truly beneficial changes that really make us 'better off'.

It all stems from us, the individual.

TVI. (Skipping through the daisies):)

Im sure this rings true but a better man/woman than me said something along the lines that the people in power should not be in power, the people that should be in power shy away from it. My sentence makes no sense what soever but im sure we can all get the gist. And it has nothing to do with spiderman btw.

All I did when I voted was vote for the party who I thought had a chance of winning although  I didnt agree with their polices much just more than the other popular party.

Why politicians bring religion into politics I dont know but they shouldnt IMO.  I could never vote for someone who was deeply religions no matter what their policies are, you just cant take them serious.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Why politicians bring religion into politics I dont know but they shouldnt IMO.  I could never vote for someone who was deeply religions no matter what their policies are, you just cant take them serious

have to agree - if someone in this day and age thinks god made man and the Earth their other ideas are probably a bit backward too

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

All I did when I voted was vote for the party who I thought had a chance of winning although  I didnt agree with their polices much just more than the other popular party.

Was there another party who had no chance of winning but had more policies that you agreed with?

I don't think there's any such thing as a wasted vote. At the very least you can hope to send a message that another way of thinking is on the up, and there's always the outside chance of a coalition.

If we never vote for other parties they will never get anywhere and we'll remain in this endless loop of blame and getting nowhere.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

So, you knew some bloke years ago who pissed it up the wall, then moaned about people who had worked, and saved hard to get where they are today.

It's a rare way to judge everyone that doesn't agree with your political way of thinking, IMHO.

Eggs,

Growing up on a small farm, doing without many things I saw other children with, sleeping between sheets sewn together from Morton's flourbags, and being reared to know the value of a hard honestly earned pound, was what formed my conservative political views,

well that and the Red Robbo/British Leyland/Arthur Scargill  strike struck 1970's,

which kinda confirmed the essential truth of my youthful notions.

32 years spent in Local Government, with a  small %age of incompetent uncaring *unsackable staff, who blight the workplace and eventually their collagues, did nothing to change my *political opinions.

*unsackable due to Unions and weak senior management.

mth

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Do believe in the concept of a British Empire?  You don't have to answer.  Your conditioning has led you to a platform that is far removed from my own.  Good luck with that.

I'll drink to that :D

Speaking of "don't have to answer", I'll just break down the previously implied observation and leave the outstanding question hanging out there for you:

You seek to lambast those that identify / align / admire JRM on the basis that he is duplicitous because his personal beliefs don't neatly align with his party's political policy position on (your quote) a single issue.

Are we to assume the plank in your eye has blinded you to the obvious, multiple parallels which exist within Comrade Corbyn's personal v party political policy positions - or is it just that the single example you seem to be presenting for JRM's unsuitability as a politician is more significant than the multiple apparent moral conflicts that Corbyn faces.  Or is it simpler than that.....?

Perhaps you're one of those angry, illogical, shouty, self entitled, momentum louts that thinks suppression of intelligent discussion is OK so long as you're wearing your Che Guevara T shirt, beret and "Anonymous" face mask?  

You don't have to answer......  (it's quite apparent)     

• Like 3