Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

10 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

What about this oft spoken trade deal with america?.. without the backing of Europe, they'll be able to stick tariffs of 250% if they don't like what they see..

anyone for that sort of trade partnership?..

I never knew that the World Trade Organisation allowed tariffs of 250%?

How about we put tariffs of 6 million % on EU imports to the UK? That'll teach them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matelot said:

I never knew that the World Trade Organisation allowed tariffs of 250%?

How about we put tariffs of 6 million % on EU imports to the UK? That'll teach them.

You'll have to see Bombardier aircraft manufacturers and ask em if the WTO has helped them in that regards.. I'm sure they're a member of that organisation..

Oh about 6million% tariffs to europe, all they need is slow up our exports and the damage will be done without breaking any rules.. remember, they'll have a bigger stick than us, just as the americans have..

Thats the thing about belonging to a club, much like a trades union, strength in numbers..  

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

You'll have to see Bombardier aircraft manufacturers and ask em if the WTO has helped them in that regards.. I'm sure they're a member of that organisation..

Oh about 6million% tariffs to europe, all they need is slow up our exports and the damage will be done without breaking any rules.. remember, they'll have a bigger stick than us, just as the americans have..

Thats the thing about belonging to a club, much like a trades union, strength in numbers..  

It doesn't say a lot for our european "friends" if they are so keen to shaft us... You really think it sensible to remain in a club where we have to pay money or suffer the consequences? Is that not basically a protection racket?

They slow our exports and we slow theirs as well. We do have a trade deficit with the EU, so it's debatably who has the bigger stick. If we weren't in the EU they would love to have a Free Trade Agreement with the UK... When all those european workers start losing their jobs it might focus minds... 

A deal has to be ratified by the 27 member states of the EU. I can't see that happening. Hard Brexit here we come!

10 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

What do we import from Europe anyway?
Apart from all our food and manufactured goods.
Everyone knows the British make the best chainsaws in the world anyway...
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I don't think anyone is suggesting we stop trading with the EU....

Anyway, what do you think all those farms around the UK are growing? 

56 minutes ago, matelot said:

A deal has to be ratified by the 27 member states of the EU. I can't see that happening. Hard Brexit here we come!

I can't wait to see your point of view two years in after Brexit, thats if we ever get round to havin a brexit to begin with.. never mind Spain, its tearin away at own political institutions as we speak...

LOL look at the Tory Party, dyin to be rid of Borris but no were to turn to get rid of the idiot.. a hostage to brexit..

Austria starts a burka ban (about time too)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/01/austrias-burka-ban-comes-force-prohibiting-face-veils-public/

it occurred to me if there was another holocaust, rather than gas chambers and cremations it would be more expedient to mulch with a tractor, we got to hope for the best tho, be tolerant and do no harm

• Like 1