Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Apologies for any offence caused.  I spoke my mind.

I don’t think anyone really gets offended in this thread, I wouldn’t worry about offence caused too much however you must see the irony in being extreme against the extremexD

Just now, WesD said:

I don’t think anyone really gets offended in this thread, I wouldn’t worry about offence caused too much however you must see the irony in being extreme against the extremexD

I'd say it was a proportionate, reasonable and considered response, but I see where you're coming from.

1 hour ago, WesD said:

PFI is one of the worst idea's ever thought up...  basically putting governments account into the private sector.. a way to hide government spending if you like... skew the data, hide the truth...   bleat how you have brought spending under control...

However that being said it is what it is, to late to bleat about it now.. though I'm sure if it was the Tories threatening to take back control of PFI accounts and renationize utilities, I dare say no one would give a monkeys, most would see it as a good idea...

But its gonna cost, cost big, so big I think this will only ever be a promise to get on with, not a promise fulfilled..

The worry isn't what some in the Labour party are threatening to do, but that Labour in the not too distant future might gain power with Corbyn as its leader..  

I can't think of anything worse at the moment than Corbyn being our Prime Minister, well. apart from May still being a Prime Minister in three years time...

What the scum need is a stratagem to keep Corbyn out..

I have one, Groom a new Tory leader over the next year or so. Procrastinate on Brexit until it looks like a cliff edge is before our eyes.. Then tell the British electorate that such is the danger of Britain coming out of Europe at this present time that we're gonna have to concede defeat on the subject and postpone brexit until the next Parliament when it can be sorted out in good time.. hint, wink wink, never.

This will assuage all those pro europeans who voted labour to get back at the Tory scum brexiteers, and stump Corbyn because he is the real danger in regards Europe..  He will get us out of Europe, all the better to get on with pouring billions of taxpayers money into subsidizing any one of his numerous pet projects..

So, in a nutshell, the Tory scum need to be the ones procrastinating on Brexit, forcing Corbyns hand to demand we leave...  that will go down like a sack of shite with all his momentum lemmings..  

The labour party will be in turmoil as they openly fight to be rid of Corbyn, giving the Tory scum the majority they thought the'd get last time round..

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

So that's a "sorry I'm not sorry" sort of apology. Not that I care of course, just saying

No, It's not.  I hadn't considered that people may be offended by swear words.  To me, they seemed like the most appropriate words. That's a viable apology.

11 minutes ago, Mark J said:

No, It's not.  I hadn't considered that people may be offended by swear words.  To me, they seemed like the most appropriate words. That's a viable apology.

No idea what you said apart from using the C word.. but you have to ask yourself who's worse, someone who thinks somethin, or someone who wants to thump someone for thinking something?..

I mean, I agree with Matelots arguments for the most part, but don't mind you pointing out why he's wrong.. The last thing that ever crosses my mind is I should get round to thumping you for having those views..  

If, you want to beat someone, do it with arguments, not threats of violence.. not that thats what you threatened but it wouldn't surprise me givin your track record...:2gunsfiring_v1:

Edited by Vespasian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

No idea what you said apart from using the C word.. but you have to ask yourself who's worse, someone who thinks somethin, or someone who wants to thump someone for thinking something?..

I mean, I agree with Matelots arguments for the most part, but don't mind you pointing out why he's wrong.. The last thing that ever crosses my mind is I should get round to thumping you for having those views..  

If, you want to beat someone, do it with arguments, not threats of violence.. not that thats what you threatened but it wouldn't surprise me givin your track record...:2gunsfiring_v1:

No one threatened anyone. I do think that it's acceptable to hit people with opposing views.  For example, If someone thought it was a good idea to shag my wife, I'd be pretty keen to violenty oppose that.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1