Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Moving on before David locks the playground :D

The Brain drain, twas  of concern a few years ago and is back in the spotlight. .I wondered  if the combination of brexit and the new technologies alliances being forged with the Merikuns  will worsen the situation. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/03/brexit-universities-academics-eu-rights

Bob

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 09.29.43.png

To be fair he did misread my quote, I didnt say or imply that all religious non muslims are haters etc, please read it as there is no hole to dig. Plus, I was expecting to be wiped out by planet X so I couldnt be bothered pointing it out.:)

But yes lets move on from this trash as it is getting boring.

36 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Moving on before David locks the playground :D

The Brain drain, twas  of concern a few years ago and is back in the spotlight. .I wondered  if the combination of brexit and the new technologies alliances being forged with the Merikuns  will worsen the situation. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/03/brexit-universities-academics-eu-rights

Bob

The article declares itself wholly invalid and irrelevant (in all respects other than maintaining the Bremoantard momentum) in the 3rd paragraph:

"... However, the figures do not take into account new staff arriving from the EU..." 

How difficult would it be to present the net figures?  Why wouldn't the author take a moment to do that and present a true picture??

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The article declares itself wholly invalid and irrelevant (in all respects other than maintaining the Bremoantard momentum) in the 3rd paragraph:

"... However, the figures do not take into account new staff arriving from the EU..." 

How difficult would it be to present the net figures?  Why wouldn't the author take a moment to do that and present a true picture??

I stopped reading after this;

Julian Huppert, an academic and Liberal Democrat candidate for Cambridge who compiled the data on the departure of EU academics, said Brexit risked leading to a “sharp rise” in people from Europe leaving.

You gotta love statistics for proving your opinion,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mesterh said:

you people and your way of thinking will never come to power as thankfully you are in the minority. 

19 hours ago, Mesterh said:

I know nothing of the afd polling, is it a poll asking if you hate anyone that isnt British?

18 hours ago, Mesterh said:

I dont think that who wins the vote in Germany has anything to do with up rise in the racist community in the UK but please correct me if im wrong.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I disagree with you.  

I disagree that expressing legitimate concern over uncontrolled immigration and the overt islamification of Europe should be labelled as racist by those that can't see it for what it is and, because they don't see it, they seek to demonise those that do with distasteful labels.  

The German election is underway today (https://ig.ft.com/germany-poll-tracker/?&segmentId=9ce01cde-b50a-e27b-c45a-1af2175e42ce&gclid=Cj0KCQjwr53OBRCDARIsAL0vKrPCiFbOHiDCZ7VVB1Cdl-kbAeld63t6x9H8XeL8gY9-pWCc30nr_WoaAl3QEALw_wcB) Despite having made what will probably be viewed as the single biggest miscalculation by any Western political leader in this century, Merkel will, almost inevitably be returned for a fourth term.  

Maybe that proves that the majority of Germans are not concerned about the immigration issue?  

Conversely, maybe Merkel's reversal of her atrocious open doors policy and the significant stiffening of immigration regulations in Germany demonstrates that she has (although falling well short of publicly acknowledging and apologising for it) decided that her political survival is more important than her political ideology?  

Maybe the weight of influence of the AfD (in a similar way that UKIP's influence led to Cameron delivering the Brexit referendum) has brought a dose of reality to Merkel which has caused her to veer away from her previous path.

I agree with the statement (in a peculiar sense) that "...whoever wins the vote in Germany has nothing to do with the rise in the racist community in the UK..." 

But I'd ask, what do you base the presumption of a rise in the racist community in the UK on?

What happens in the UK has a fairly limited ability to effect domestic politics in Germany (Brexit aside)

I expect there will be racists within the AfD (similarly in the UK, the anti-Semitic members of the Labour party, the fruit cakes of UKIP and the old landed gentry of the Tory party....  Racists all of 'em.  Dam, they're everywhere!) But expressing views on immigration is not (of itself) a qualifying criteria for that club. 

My counter point to your declaration that "...you people and your way of thinking will never come to power as thankfully you are in the minority..." is that there are clear, obvious and measurable contradictions to your assumption which can been seen and drawn from consideration of the bigger picture issues associated with a raft of recent political events such as the rise in popular support for the National Front in France, AfD in Germany, UKIP in the UK, Trump in the US, the Freedom Party of Austria etc.  With the exception of Trump, the others didn't break through the glass ceiling to become fully established as 'in power' political parties.  

What they did do however, was deliver significant political effect by giving the mainstream parties a 'loud & clear' message that people - the masses - were becoming increasingly intolerant of their policies which resulted in notable deviations from preferred courses. 

In that respect, I disagree with you that "...you people and your way of thinking will never come to power as thankfully you are in the minority..." because, although not in what might be the traditional sense of "power" i.e. the majority ruling party, it is perfectly clear that the "power" to directly influence the mainstream is already well established. 

The digging a hole thing - well, that was my attempt at a humorous reflection on what I'd interpreted as a switch from the half-baked, failed attempt to bandy around the racist label, to your similarly half baked and poorly thought through religious argument.  Where are we going next?  Vivisection? Legalisation of drugs? The ethics of combining human and animal DNA? 

• Like 1