Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I can guarantee the driving in the Middle East would shock most of you... The attitude towards safety is different...

Out there everything is in Allah's hands. If you get drunk and drive your Ferrari at 120mph and crash it's not your fault. It's Allah's will.

I knew of someone that lived in a block of flats. He smelt gas, so he phoned up the gas company to tell them, nothing was done about the smell of gas. He phoned up three times to report a smell of gas and nothing was done. He eventually moved out the flat.

A week later a gas explosion killed three people.... Again, it wasn't anyone's fault, it was Allah's will that three people died.

So, tell me again how devastating it must be to have your offshore tax haven, ex-pat, yacht wrecked and how unfairly you've been treated by the neglect of the UK taxpayer funded UK government to drop everything and help you?  

So Irma claimed +/- 25 lives - proper tragic no doubt.

But why are you so quiet - whilst sipping your Piña colada in your tax-free, island life and whilst pensioners are dying at a rate of 120,000 per annum in England and Wales of cold weather, or factors associated with cold weather such as a virulent strain of influenza. 

Anyone?

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 19.41.11.png

• Like 2

I kind of get what you mean .... can I assume you will not be going over as a" volunteer " to tidy up the storm damaged trees in their gardens then ?  If you do I would like a slightly storm damaged boat if going cheap !  I suspect there will be a healthy trade in new boats / insurance claims anyway ...

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

So, tell me again how devastating it must be to have your offshore tax haven, ex-pat, yacht wrecked and how unfairly you've been treated by the neglect of the UK taxpayer funded UK government to drop everything and help you?  

But why are you so quiet - whilst sipping your Piña colada in your tax-free, island life and whilst pensioners are dying at a rate of 120,000 per annum in England and Wales of cold weather, or factors associated with cold weather such as a virulent strain of influenza. 

Anyone?

Tories.

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Anyone?

The thing is......... If 'we' charge them too much tax they will bank their money in offshore tax havens......... Oh hang on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

The thing is......... If 'we' charge them too much tax they will bank their money in offshore tax havens......... Oh hang on.

we don't agree on everything, however I agree with you here.

It's not right that someone like Philip Green can hide his billions in Monaco.

Tories.

It would be genuinely interesting to actually know for sure what their political leanings were. Maybe they are all just selfish and cynical, maybe most of them are remainers. Not all Tories are into tax evasion anymore than all labour supporters cloth cap wearing champions of social justice.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/20/labours-new-members-mostly-wealthy-city-dwellers-leaked-report

• Thanks 1