Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I work for an oil services company in Saudi. All I can say is there is no sign of production slowing down.

I would guess that Saudi domestic consumption of the overall output is nothing more than a teacup out of a bath full of oil.

As Trigger Andy eluded to, extraction methods have improved, and reservoirs that were not profitable to tap historically are now so.

I don't think Saudi is anywhere near the dregs of the barrel yet!

Cool! I work for WellDynamics but we where swallowed up by the Big Red.

Who do you work for?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It may have peaked on fields they know of and are in production but with ever enhancing tech and finding new fields how does anyone really know where we are on that curved graph?!

Trigger not sure how we got onto oil on here and it's not really a relevant topic so to speak however I'm quite enjoying the insight and your posts, keep em coming!

You can look at the stats for new oil discoveries by year, it don't make good reading..

Also, when I say fields, I mean by country.. all the oil in Saudi for instance.. oil analysts like to add unknown fields into their equations.. for instance, I'm sure amoungst the known reserves of Saudi oil fields are a bunch of unknown finds waiting to be found.. only I expect every inch of Saudi has been combed for oil with a fine tooth comb..

You are simply clueless and quite ignorant too. :) you have no experience or knowledge of what you speak of. Your opinion is meaningless.

Oh don't I..

I've only spent hundreds of hrs researching the subject.. unlike you who thinks the North Sea is just busting with unfound production. So we're hiding billions of barrels of oil because a submarine might happens to hit a well?..

I suppose North Sea production is heading into peak as we speak?.... what next a cow flying over the moon..

Oh don't I..

I've only spent hundreds of hrs researching the subject.. unlike you who thinks the North Sea is just busting with unfound production. So we're hiding billions of barrels of oil because a submarine might happens to hit a well?..

I suppose North Sea production is heading into peak as we speak?.... what next a cow flying over the moon..

Ok Princess, keep your knickers on.

I seriously doubt your claim and I'm not North Sea-centric. I work globally but mainly in Norway. Are you actually in the industry or just surfing google? Your other posts suggest google searches but all of a sudden you are an authority.

Ok Princess, keep your knickers on.

I seriously doubt your claim and I'm not North Sea-centric. I work globally but mainly in Norway. Are you actually in the industry or just surfing google? Your other posts suggest google searches but all of a sudden you are an authority.

I work for the most part cutting grass and pulling out weeds. So what, I can read like the best of em..

I can research like the rest of em as well.. Google is a world wide library at my fingertips.. Utube has experts in any field educating the public..

You might understand technical details in regards oil wells and have some knowledge on particular fields, but my interests lie in "the big picture".

Its an holistic approach I use that takes in dozens of equations, politics, finance, social behavior, tribalism, anthropology, history, and many other equations that affect human behavior and civilization..

Its in this regard I see the dangers of a world with oil supplies stagnating and declining.. it ain't pretty.

And in future, oil production will fall, its a mathematical fact, a certainty.. My concern is working out when that may happen, sooner than people think or later than people think.

I'm in the camp of the, "sooner than people think"..

As are the deep State governments of this world, hence their campaign to ween us off oil products.. though to ween us off these products is not the intention.

Its a backhanded method to try to conserve supplies without dampening consumer confidence, lest that in itself becomes its own self for-filling prophesy.. ie, explain the dangers of an ever diminishing supply to the public..

If you imagine that belongs in a conspiracy theory book, then take a look at global climate change and its associated dangers to society, strange that there's a correlation to their tipping points and when I expect an oil crisis to effectively bring the global economy to its knees overnight..