Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Does anyone know of a downside to leaving?

It seems to me trade won't change much as we buy loads from Europe and sell bits there too I imagine so there's no advantage to tariffs. Laws we've adopted the lot and can change them as required which seems sensible. Security, it makes sense for the services to share info so why change that.

Movement of people, Europeans here look to be fine as will expats. Migration can be managed now and suitable people from all over the world could access the UK same as europeans, why do we need Romanians when there's other places in the world with labour if we need it if the EU get shirty

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

One typical example of where we will be after Brexit. My mother has mostly lived in Spain for the last 20 years.

In the Uk supermarkets we have Spanish onions, tomatoes, oranges bacon, chorizo etc etc etc.

In Spanish supermarkets cathedral city cheese and PG tips. That's it

So after Brexit where will we be we will be exactly in the same place. Sorry that's not correct we may have a few more fish in the sea

Do you go to Spain to visit your Mother?, if so, have a look at a lot of the job adverts that say 'Only Spanish Citizens need to apply'

If we did that here in GB there would be hell to pay.

One rule for...........

Edited by eggsarascal

Do you go to Spain to visit your Mother?, if so, have a look at a lot of the job adverts that say 'Only Spanish Citizenes need to apply'

One rule for...........

Exactly!!!

An EU citizen can demand the same rights in our country as a Brit and we can demand the same in other EU countries. The problem is we have the very best of everything and many of them have FA, so it works real well for them, but for us…not so much :thumbdown:

Do you go to Spain to visit your Mother?, if so, have a look at a lot of the job adverts that say 'Only Spanish Citizens need to apply'

One rule for...........

Doesn't happen here.. oh wait it does in favour of non British workers [ATTACH]221821[/ATTACH]

Doesn't happen here.. oh wait it does in favour of non British workers [ATTACH]221821[/ATTACH]

That's an advert on some Arb forum. Not in national News Papers and Local job Centres.

Slightly different.

And while I'm on, have you seen the rate for an eight hour shift?

Edited by eggsarascal

One rule for...........

A bit like that employment thread on here recently where they were looking for only Eastern Europeans for de veg work !

In all honesty I voted remain in vote. Now I think we need to leave as we have the wrong mentality to be in Europe.

The Spanish for example have the right idea. If your European then you can stay, if you haven't got work and are not Spanish then starve. As you said if there's a job on offer it's for the Spanish. The rest of Europe must have their produce but in Spain their produce is sold first.

To be in Europe and get a fair deal you've got to be a bully and play to win at all costs. We on the other hand don't like to make a fuss and it's not the winning it's the taking part that counts. It's very admirable but just earned us the right to be sh** on by the other member states

One rule for...........

Yes there would because we are in the EU tut tut wake up!!! How can they offer jobs to their own but we can't we are both in the EU! Jeez!

That's an advert on some Arb forum. Not in national News Papers and Local job Centres.

Slightly different.

And while I'm on, have you seen the rate for an eight hour shift?

You're right it's different but I can't imagine you seeing a french company, in France advertising for non-french workers

"Freedom of movement" sounds good but is fairly rubbish for British people.

There were about twenty people on my MSc course. Two were Brits and the rest were Spanish, French, German, Italian, Greek and Zimbabwean.

After the MSc my course mates could apply for jobs in the UK. However I'd never get jobs in their countries as I don't speak their languages. I also wouldn't want to work in their countries as the pay would be rubbish.

British people just don't learn foreign languages to the standards to get professional jobs abroad :(