Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I think you are wrong on that one. If university students are hoping for minimum wage they should not be there in the first place.

If you mean "living" wage for the non graduates/students then maybe but I do wonder how many of those bothered to vote?

People being willing to work is a funny thing as I've worked various trades over the years and people seem to want to be paid loads for doing a mediocre job in lots of cases. The good ones move on and do make a good living at whatever they choose to do.

How many jobs will be cut if minimum wage went up to £10 an hour next week as some staff simply aren't productive enough. Genuine question as I do think it's a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Richard, do you think it's fair that companies pay low wages to people and those very same people get 'topped up' by the rest of us?

You can argue until you are blue in the face about 'it's better they are earning something'.

I'll try it another way round...... let's say, for example I pay someone £xxx/week, they then nip around to your place every Friday afternoon to pick up the bit that I haven't paid them. I'm sure you'd soon get bored of that job?

Labour, waste of a vote in this area.

I don't get on with Corbyn (not that I know him personally) but I can't stick Mrs May and her coalition of chaos.

Strange times.

It is the strangest of times eggs, nobody knows what is best, or even what they want, politicians or public! It's like it's turned into a stupid game.

Quite worrying really.

Anyway! Nearly beat you lot at footie the night! Ya jammy barstewards[emoji3]

You've missed my point. Labour's policies are appealing to young people who have no desire to go to university too. They're fed up with being stiched up.

Could you elaborate on that Mark? Cant for the life of me see how they are being stitched up.

Bob

Richard, do you think it's fair that companies pay low wages to people and those very same people get 'topped up' by the rest of us?

You can argue until you are blue in the face about 'it's better they are earning something'.

I'll try it another way round...... let's say, for example I pay someone £xxx/week, they then nip around to your place every Friday afternoon to pick up the bit that I haven't paid them. I'm sure you'd soon get bored of that job?

When has life ever been fair?

When will you understand that everyone can't be earning £1000 a week and even if they were inflation would soon put the value down again.

Do you think that people on benefits should, smoke, drink have mobile phones and sky paid for by us?

Or maybe we should pay everyone loads until the business goes bankrupt and then no one has a job

Could you elaborate on that Mark? Cant for the life of me see how they are being stitched up.

Bob

Alright, I will. The education system is chronically underfunded. The social and youth services have been decimated. People aren't being given the opportunity they need to get a start in life.

I'm in no way suggesting that anyone should be given anything on a plate. I'm just thinking that anyone who wouldn't pay someone a tenner an hour is as tight as a tight thing.

When has life ever been fair?

When will you understand that everyone can't be earning £1000 a week and even if they were inflation would soon put the value down again.

Do you think that people on benefits should, smoke, drink have mobile phones and sky paid for by us?

Or maybe we should pay everyone loads until the business goes bankrupt and then no one has a job

Have you ever been in the situation where you needed to claim benefits?