Pain

biggarlogs

Now that is a great dram big j.would drink it all day but bit wary with the 395 at full bore when squiffy!

Daft thing is the cheapest I've found it for here is £33. In Germany, hundreds of miles from where it is distilled, it's £24. Why the hell is that?!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys use to combat the aches and pains associated with tree work,the

bad backs ,shoulders and wrists to name a few.the nhs has nothing to offer if you can still work but once you become old and crippled they can offer help.

I personally have used alternative healing for years with mixed results,that is when the cocodamol runs out.

I have used bowen's massage....useless

Reikki brilliant and now I am learning it

And lastly a chain smoking alcoholic faith healer who charges 50 QUID to poke you and blether but somehow it works,go from mad muscle spasms where you cane even stand up to fully restored in 12 hours.don't know how he does it but worth every penny.

Any one else got any good ideas?

Stop whatever you're doing that's causing the pain or do shorter days or get somebody else to do the heavy work.

I've suffered lower back pain and sciatica for about 5 years now , No pain killer except the one's that knock you out work .

I just suffer !! Some good days , some bad , tried Osteopath , Chiropracter , Phisio ,Bowen , needles , massage . All say the same thing ( wear and tear ) , then the clever suggestions , could you not do something else !!

But I must say sitting around aint that comfy either . So I just get my head down and carry on . The whisky helps if it's on a drip !!

I see a chiropractor one a month. even if I don't have any back pain I get snapped back in to place and it seems to work. I stretch after a particularly hard days graft and have dry needling done whenever I do get a bad pain in my back wrists or elbows (keeping the tendinitis at bay).

The way I see it you pay to have your truck or car MOTed you may as well have your body done as its more important. £40 a moth is well worth it in my eyes.

Osteopath at least every 6 weeks and recently Omega 3 capsules for joints. It seems to have eased slight arthritis in one wrist, stopped a chronically aching elbow and a slightly swollen, tender knuckle.

Pilates, codeine, cortisone, more codeine but with paracetamol and a couple of glasses of wine. Best of all though is something I don't do enough of and that's stretching. Apart from my wrists and shoulders I've popped both my hamstrings and they welded to my sciatic nerves when they repaired. Sometimes they give me grief and making the time to stretch works better than any pain relief (along with a tennis ball under the buttocks). Stretching also helps with RSI.