STIHL battery saw

RC0

Thanks. How does it compare to the Husqvarna ?

I've done a few removals with the husky now and was much better than I expected. No problem using the full bar length.

I think they are pretty equal in regards power Reg, but as I said, its the smaller pitch chain that makes the Stihl stand out for me, and I believe the battery life is better also. Im not sure if Husky have newer more powerful batteries available now though.

Steady on Iveco!...somebody yesterday on here commented that the MX5 i am to be getting is a hairdresser's car and now your telling me my New climbing saw is also the tool of a hairdresser??

Unfortunately the Mx5 does have a,reputation has a Hairdressers car or a Bald old mans car BUT it is or possibly one of the best handling 2 seater sports car out there .

Ste

Old man's car is fine by me! I am a Grandfather afer all...like the 160T it's not how something is perceived to look like that matters to me but how it performs. And i've used both the Husqvarna and now mine and like Steve said the possible reason for the quieter Stihl may be down to it Mini Rollomatic bar and tiny chain.

I was in my local Stihl dealers this weekend, told him I wanted one of those battery operated chainsaws...

You want a top saw he said, yes for cutting branches I says..

Why do you want one of those?.. I don't like attracting attention at the top of a tree and I've a mates tree to do, big one as well...

How much are they I said, about 350, then you have to buy a battery... What do you mean?.

you need a battery to go with the saw and those are 150... then theres the charger as well, you'll need one of those too...

And just how much is all that added together?. About 500 quid give or take a few quid..

Listen, I'll have one later in the year when I've a bit more money knockin about....

I walked out with one new steal carabiner an ma tale between my legs