STIHL battery saw

RC0

[ATTACH]203696[/ATTACH]

The Benifit from using them daily out weighs everything for me , tennis elbow etc , years of abuse. The strimmer is my latest love .

Ste

I'm nearly as tempted to get your set up just for the strimmer as much s the chainsaw..

one thought about those strimmers though is the head, can you get replacement heads on em?... I'd hate to think you had to buy a new strimmer everytime the head wore itself out...

I'm nearly as tempted to get your set up just for the strimmer as much s the chainsaw..

one thought about those strimmers though is the head, can you get replacement heads on em?... I'd hate to think you had to buy a new strimmer everytime the head wore itself out...

Everything is replaceable, the head is the same autocut. One thing folk dont realise is the electric motor is there to so no loss of power because no shaft.

Ste

Husky reckon a single battery charge equates to about one tank of fuel.... a single 4.0amp hour 36v battery is currently about £175inc vat.

So on that basis the battery would have payed for itself within 35 gallons of petrol (at £5 per gallon).

I've not counted how many fills I get out of my fuel can?... with a Husky 550xpg.

Can someone help finish my maths?....

cheers, steve

Husky reckon a single battery charge equates to about one tank of fuel.... a single 4.0amp hour 36v battery is currently about £175inc vat.

So on that basis the battery would have payed for itself within 35 gallons of petrol (at £5 per gallon).

I've not counted how many fills I get out of my fuel can?... with a Husky 550xpg.

cheers, steve

I have a stock pile of 2 stroke oil now , saved a fortune .Only visit petrol Station once a week now for mixed fuel instead of every day.

Ste

Good point, what is the life cycle of these batteries?

I've got two DeWalt cordless drills; 14.4v and 18v both Li-ion. The manuals give X full cycles for each under ideal circumstances. I'm a pedant and so tried to do my best to keep them charged as per manuals. The 14.4v batteries both failed at under 300 cycles, well short of X. And the 18v batteries both gave up the ghost before the others, not even a quarter of X.

I'm mightily peeved about the poor lives of said batteries! I can see the need for cordless equipment. But it's put a very sour taste in the mouth about DeWalt, that I'd previously held in high esteem; and about power tool battery technology as a whole.

Neither the Husky or Stihl batteries are inexpensive. And like all such components, when they fail, the manufacture always has that nugget to fall back on, "It's the way it was used/kept. It's not our fault, so it must be user error. That'll be 'caching' please for a replacement. Be sure to come back when that one fails too."

The tank is 0.52L, so that'll be 9.6 tanks from 5L.

9.6 tanks x 35 5L cans = 336 tanks

Edited by TGB

The tank is 0.52L, so that'll be 9.6 tanks from 5L.

Lovely ta. So on that basis it would take it the equivalent of 336 petrol refills of my 550xpg to break even on one battery.

How many full charges would a battery last for before it dies?

cheers, Steve

cheers, steve

Ain't you got work to go to?! Bloody Arbtalk addict ;-) my 361 has a 0.65l tank so I reckon yours must be about 0.5 litres or thereabouts... It's too early for maths!