7.5t Tipper - what's best?

J Holtby

I used a firm in Wakefield called olmec who did everything for me, turned yard into operators centre, i didnt have to do much, cost around £1000 all in.

Yeah seen them, what truck you running now then?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah seen them, what truck you running now then?

3.5t grafter lol, i wanted to buy a 7.5t grafter but i didn't want to leave short of 40 grand sat at the yard, i tried to get permission to add my house on the operators centre but to no avail, this is despite the front being more than enough to get the vehicle in and out. also i don't fancy driving to pick van up then home to load up etc as my stuff is kept at home, vosa were on my case to attend a new operators senimar, at the time i was doing 7 days and didn't have time to attend, they were relentless even though i had not registered a vehicle! in the end i surrendered it before i even did owt with it! stupid really...just stick a big tipper trailer on when you have a big job, tracked machine, double upon chip and log, prob not as efficient as a 7.5t but less hassle for me. Inspections and that were nowt as i found a mechanic to come out to me etc...not much of a ball ache tbh or not as much as some folk say to get the licence.

3.5t grafter lol, i wanted to buy a 7.5t grafter but i didn't want to leave short of 40 grand sat at the yard, i tried to get permission to add my house on the operators centre but to no avail, this is despite the front being more than enough to get the vehicle in and out. also i don't fancy driving to pick van up then home to load up etc as my stuff is kept at home, vosa were on my case to attend a new operators senimar, at the time i was doing 7 days and didn't have time to attend, they were relentless even though i had not registered a vehicle! in the end i surrendered it before i even did owt with it! stupid really...just stick a big tipper trailer on when you have a big job, tracked machine, double upon chip and log, prob not as efficient as a 7.5t but less hassle for me. Inspections and that were nowt as i found a mechanic to come out to me etc...not much of a ball ache tbh or not as much as some folk say to get the licence.

I'm running a grafter and a Renault 3.5 I won't have a problem yard wise as nothing is at home it's all at a secure yard, biggest pain is either hunting out an isuzu 6.5t or doing c+e licence as our chippers are both over 750kg.

I'm running a grafter and a Renault 3.5 I won't have a problem yard wise as nothing is at home it's all at a secure yard, biggest pain is either hunting out an isuzu 6.5t or doing c+e licence as our chippers are both over 750kg.

Put 1 of your lads through the licence ian, its nowt...especially if they are a dab hand at reversing etc. why not put a tipping trailer on instead? 3.5t is a decent load...only really works on big jobs though...not if your doing lots of small ones.

I've just checked my licence Ian.

C1+E code 107, defo 8.25t GTW.

That means your downplating to 6.5t makes much more sense to me than it did last night when I was hammered.

A lad down here runs a 6.5tonner without an O licence. He flat out refuses to accept the fact he needs one because Bartletts put him through his 7.5t test.

There's a new a-hole waiting for him somewhere down the line I'm guessing.

That means your downplating to 6.5t makes much more sense to me than it did last night when I was hammered.

A lad down here runs a 6.5tonner without an O licence. He flat out refuses to accept the fact he needs one because Bartletts put him through his 7.5t test.

that gives u a towing weight off 1.75t, or a big chipper

The funny thing is, if you get stopped and you haven't got an O licence, that counts as a mark against your reputation as an operator......

It's a bit like a 14 year old getting a 3 year driving ban.

Put 1 of your lads through the licence ian, its nowt...especially if they are a dab hand at reversing etc. why not put a tipping trailer on instead? 3.5t is a decent load...only really works on big jobs though...not if your doing lots of small ones.

Yeah I know it's not a big thing it's just Another 800 quid each then a grand for the o licence, seems never ending spending.