Anyone got a honda 390 engine?

Shane

There's some people on ebay selling 'genuine' ones for around £600.

But who knows, I'd rather buy from an arbtalker if poss.

I could even offer my old foot-spa in part exchange.

You're a GOOD LAD SHANE HONDA MAKE THE BEST FOOT SPA!!!

All the best, CIZZER, etc, etc....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loncin G420 replaces the GX390 , also comes with electric start as standard .

Good quality Chinese engine , Loncin is fitted by many O.E.M'S now inc BMW ! our experience with them on ALKO lawnmowers has been faultless , in my opinion are better than Honda as they do not seem to suffer from the carb issues that Hondas do .

P.m me if interested I will be happy to quote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Neil I'm after a v twin 23hp with a bit of a weird spec are you an engine dealer?

Good quality Chinese engine , Loncin is fitted by many O.E.M'S now inc BMW ! our experience with them on ALKO lawnmowers has been faultless , in my opinion are better than Honda as they do not seem to suffer from the carb issues that Hondas do .

When i recently had to have the piston rings changed on my GX390 the mower mechanic was also praising Chinese engines as a replacement which did surprise me. I'll certainly be looking in to it when it needs changing.

Sounds interesting - what are trhe spares like for availability and cost?

If it comes with leccy start do I need to find my own battery or does it come with some ither magic elctricity storage system of which I know nowt?

Secondly, do they do a bigger engine with the same shaft output and a similar 'footprint' for easy mounting?

As you can see I don't want much.

My wee grinder is fitted with greenteeth so I'd love to give it a bit more oomph while I'm at it - but I don't want to over complicate things.

Only got a Loncin in my Snowblower, starts fine, runs instable in idle from new, has carb issues after 4 years but does it's job as long as I don't forget to close the gas tap.

For the price I think, one gets what one pays.

Not sure how they hold up in a stump grinder, which have a much harder life than mowers and snowblowers.

Ever thought about replacing the 390 with a Kohler Command Pro?

Reasonable prices and pro-grade.

Same mounting pattern as the Honda, better airfiltration-system imho, very important in stumpys.

If the engine makes a part of my living, I would not save on the wrong end.

MOTORE 4T BENZINA 14 HP KOHLER albero cilindrico da 25,4mm CH440 by LOMBARDINI | eBay

We have several Hayter Condors waiting to break, we sell a good used GX340 11hp model for £225 inc vat, inch parallel crankshaft. Generally these engines havent had a hard life, no concrete dust. Generator engines will have a tapered crank as mentioned. Dont know will 11hp be enough but physically the same size

Thanks Harry. I think I'll hold out for a 13hp option, there is no urgency really so I'll look around. My local supplier has also suggested Loncin as a possibility - recons the carbs are the only problem, and you can get a new one cheap or even use the one off the Honda engine.. Time to get thinking.

Thanks Harry. I think I'll hold out for a 13hp option, there is no urgency really so I'll look around. My local supplier has also suggested Loncin as a possibility - recons the carbs are the only problem, and you can get a new one cheap or even use the one off the Honda engine.. Time to get thinking.

I have a genuine Honda GX 390 you could have ( for the right price ) Not done much work . Have sent you PM Shane . :001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds interesting - what are trhe spares like for availability and cost?

If it comes with leccy start do I need to find my own battery or does it come with some ither magic elctricity storage system of which I know nowt?

Secondly, do they do a bigger engine with the same shaft output and a similar 'footprint' for easy mounting?

As you can see I don't want much.

My wee grinder is fitted with greenteeth so I'd love to give it a bit more oomph while I'm at it - but I don't want to over complicate things.

Shane you will need to supply your own battery , a decent small sealed one will do just fine.

Spare parts are sensibly priced and are backed up in the uk by E P Barrus , I also have another supplier in Germany who has large stocks of common Loncin parts .

Next size up from the 420 is a v twin 19.7 Hp 22hp gross this is electric start ,very similar to a gx670 but much cheaper .