Getting it wrong, but oh so right

Starscream

If your quote has being accepted then it doesn't matter how long it takes, some blokes like to stand about drinking tea, we like to crack on and go home.

Absolutely spot on:thumbup1:Its not how many hours you put in, its what you put in those hours, sadly some customers don't see it that way.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely spot on:thumbup1:Its not how many hours you put in, its what you put in those hours, sadly some customers don't see it that way.

Totally agree. Though I am now wondering/worrying if it has damaged my reputation, especially amongst the neighbours whom I do a hell of a lot of work for.

If she's a neighbor, then just go round tell her how you feel and see what she thinks..

Might just be that she does feel ripped, but going round will heal any wounds...

It also might be the case that she's more than happy with the price and job, and having gone round it'll inflate her opinion of you and your work ethic....

I had similar jobs come up, i did a telephone line and power line through a conifer once priced as two days but finished in one i explained to the client about the pricing before and to get a few other quotes before the job was taken on. if the quote is signed thats what is paid.

they are paying for your experience and knowlege not how many hours you are on site

I sometimes knock a little off, not often but sometimes.

I weigh up what I think the free publicity is worth and how much less time its taken than I expected.

It always goes down well when you offer to knock some money off, and sometimes the customer even refuses and pays the original quote. Makes you wonder if theres merit in putting an extra £50 contingency on every job you quote just so you can knock it off and leave everyone feeling happy?

so it's 250 for a few hours, but in another recent thread at least 3 guys saying they've had chippers, saws etc stolen and lost £15k, £30k etc, plus all the worry and anger to live with.

When you use thousands of pounds of gear that could break down or get stolen you need to take a lot of money on at least some jobs to cover it all

so it's 250 for a few hours, but in another recent thread at least 3 guys saying they've had chippers, saws etc stolen and lost £15k, £30k etc, plus all the worry and anger to live with.

When you use thousands of pounds of gear that could break down or get stolen you need to take a lot of money on at least some jobs to cover it all

Very good point. You win some and Loose more unfortunately. I have lost count of how many times I have been effing and blinding up a majorly underquoted conifer hedge. Swings and roundabouts as they say.

That being said if she is living nearby pop round and hand her £50 and say how you feel. It will get her talking and you are likely to get a job or two out of it.