Yard ripped off

Swampster

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting aside all the politics and understandable agression surely the real questions we should be asking are; where does all this stolen kit go and who is buying it? Stop the demand for cheap stolen kit and then it's not worth nicking!

I would say a lot of plant gets shipped out the country and small tools just get sold on places like gum tree and ebay oh and car boot sales and the like, one reason I gave stopped buying second hand tools unless I know the person, saying that I just pretty much buy new now.

Unfortunately we have Gumtree & the likes who do not do checks, have never bought anything from there but would ask to see paperwork as proof of ownership if buying anything major, gutted for you guys all the same. Unfortunately this is society as we know it today where it seems those perpetrating the crimes know that if they do get caught a slap on the wrists is all that will come their way some deterrent. :mad1:

With these newer saws with electronic carbs which supposedly you can program the owner into, it's a shame they aren't all on a database that needs to be updated if the saw is sold. Would stop any repairs being done as the dealer could check it's legit when came into the shop so would devalue stolen stuff somewhat

A good post,most theft in our trade, apart from the odd oportunist snatch on site, is commuted by career criminals, often quite sophisticated in methods and conections, these people deserve severe retribution imo.

I'm still stunned, though not surprised at the political blame comments from an eggshell on a thread started by someone who has just suffered a break in...insensitive drivel...

the fact your still stunned hardly surprises me really, you don't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer to be honest!

I worked in the Middle East and there was hardly any crime. You would see brand new Range Rovers outside the supermarket with the engine running and no one inside and they weren't touched.

If we cut off hands for theft our crime rates would go down as well.

the fact your still stunned hardly surprises me really, you don't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer to be honest!

He's worth a hundred of you, with your nasty, little, aggressive comments. It would make a pleasant change if you actually made reasoned comments instead of just being abusive. I've held off on this until now because, tbh, I'm sick of the arguments on here but here's a conundrum for you; if somebody is able enough to go out robbing then should they not be able to work instead? There is work out there if people want it but too many think they are above grafting for a living. I have every sympathy with people who rely on benefits through genuine need but have nothing but contempt for those who expect a free ride when they just can't be arsed to lift a finger. My observations come from real life, not the media, in case you were going to run out your usual 'demonisation of the working classes through the medium of Benefits street et al'. If anybody thinks that it is ok for some thieving turd to rob a working man then they are as low as the thief in the first place.

He's worth a hundred of you, with your nasty, little, aggressive comments. It would make a pleasant change if you actually made reasoned comments instead of just being abusive. I've held off on this until now because, tbh, I'm sick of the arguments on here but here's a conundrum for you; if somebody is able enough to go out robbing then should they not be able to work instead? There is work out there if people want it but too many think they are above grafting for a living. I have every sympathy with people who rely on benefits through genuine need but have nothing but contempt for those who expect a free ride when they just can't be arsed to lift a finger. My observations come from real life, not the media, in case you were going to run out your usual 'demonisation of the working classes through the medium of Benefits street et al'. If anybody thinks that it is ok for some thieving turd to rob a working man then they are as low as the thief in the first place.

Well said !