Impact Wrench

aitch

i run the milwauke 5ah impact driver nuts up to about 19mm great anything more i run a aldi impact wrench on the compresor which is surprisingly good ive used a mates snap on impact wrench an ok yerh it is better but at 650.00 compered to my 50.00 theirs not a massive difference you'd be surprised

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run the 18v Snap On one and there is not much that will stop it but you pay for the power and as I'm on the spanners it's an everyday tool for me ! I know people that rate the sealey 24v ones the only thing with the cheaper ones is they are physically bigger than the Snap On with less power than it !

I hate battery nut guns, they are either flat when you go to get them or they go flat before you finished. Go air or petrol, air is ok if you have a decent compressor but even then you will find yourself waiting for it to build up if there is lots to do. Just one more thing and thats the torque rating, that gun in the red case produces more torque than the two larger air guns so all is not what it seems. Petrol is the dobermans danglers for truck wheel nuts :thumbup1:

image.jpg2_zpsczr3c2ab.jpg

Or just get a drizzle cake :)

image.jpg1_zpsxy4jtazk.jpg

Don't get mixed up between impact wrenches and impact drivers. The first two you link too are the latter and has been said for screws. I have a larger impact driver (150 NM) and it can manage smaller nuts of say 13mm but would not reach for it for anything that was stuck.

Was going to second that. Look out for a 2nd hand SnapOn CTU6850, nothing comes close battery powered,they can be picked up for a reasonable and are fully repairable which is rare nowadays.

Ive tried most over the years, 12v, 14v 18v and 24v, air ones, 240vmains ones and now have a milwaukee 18v 3/4 drive, there latest version, and if this doesnt take it off, your cutting it with a grinder, Ive broken 19mm dia bolts with it due to nuts being imoveably seized on, it generates something like around 1600nm of torque, and comes with 2 5ah batteries, mog wheel nuts are now a pleasure to take off

• 4 weeks later...
240v impact wrench in Lidl next Monday > Parkside Impact Wrench - Monday, 28.03. - Lidl UK

£29.99, should be ok for occasional use :001_smile:

I Don't usually buy cheap tools but my air CP impact wrench decided to throw a weak fit so decided it was quicker to pop into lidl and pick one up this AM for an emergency job .

First impressions are very good,the build quality looks excellent, and rips to nuts off pretty well, only tightens to 100nm though...label says its made by Grizzly Tools.