any miracle cures for tennis elbow?

shillo

I had this, and rather than have the injection I got a Tens machine. And it did the trick, I used it three times a day to start with, and at the end of the the second week it had improved. After a month I was cured. If you google Tens machine the nhs choices site will explaine how it works. Good luck!

Annie

The only real cure is to stop doing the things that cause it! Prevention is better than cure!

The guys have covered all the remedies and things that help a bit.

Only problem there is that the things that cause it are usually work, which is not something you want to stop doing, for obvious reasons.

Get a non- stretch strap that is attached via Velcro. About 50mm wide should do you. You can get buckle ones but they can be awkward to fit one-handed. It doesn't matter whether you wear it next to the skin or over clothing; but it should rest just below the elbow. Not so tight that it's overly tight but snug.

The simple way of looking at its function, is to effectively shorten the problem muscle/tendon. Don't bother wearing it at night but try to wear it during the day. Healing will take at least a few weeks to many months. Depending on how soon you start treatment from first symptoms. When it's healed, don't get rid of the strap, as at some point in the future, you'll have a re-occurrence of the condition. Could be a few years in coming but it will happen again.

For the first few months after healing, keep it in your kitbag or 1st Aid supplies... just in case.

Edited by TGB
  • Like 1

Only problem there is that the things that cause it are usually work, which is not something you want to stop doing, for obvious reasons.

Maybe not stop doing them overnight as we do have bills to pay but a little at a time and planning for our future and our families. It's ok for us to eat some brufen and man up but when our bodies get to the point we can't earn and we haven't changed or adapted is a better word then the people that love us and we provide for suffer.

I used to think I couldn't change, then I thought what if I had an accident and the choice was removed for me, what would I do then also I am my own man I am an adult and I was doing things I didn't want to do but felt I should!:sneaky2:

So it took a few years and a lot of people who used to manipulate me having a strop and that's hard to deal with when I was always and still am and aim to please type person but when you look at who is really the very important ones in your life that ask for nothing in return but your time and ask how your day was, every day, every night then I realised, the jobs, the hedges, the problem customers, the pretend friends, the family members that only wanted things their way then, I changed.

Learn to say no again! If it hurts, stop it, simples :)

• Like 1

Maybe not stop doing them overnight as we do have bills to pay but a little at a time and planning for our future and our families. It's ok for us to eat some brufen and man up but when our bodies get to the point we can't earn and we haven't changed or adapted is a better word then the people that love us and we provide for suffer.

I used to think I couldn't change, then I thought what if I had an accident and the choice was removed for me, what would I do then also I am my own man I am an adult and I was doing things I didn't want to do but felt I should!:sneaky2:

So it took a few years and a lot of people who used to manipulate me having a strop and that's hard to deal with when I was always and still am and aim to please type person but when you look at who is really the very important ones in your life that ask for nothing in return but your time and ask how your day was, every day, every night then I realised, the jobs, the hedges, the problem customers, the pretend friends, the family members that only wanted things their way then, I changed.

Learn to say no again! If it hurts, stop it, simples :)

Not simples at all, " the pretend friends"???? Are you a celebrity??

Look at your post then look at yourself.

Not simples at all, " the pretend friends"???? Are you a celebrity??

Look at your post then look at yourself.

That's what you took out of that?

Seriously not surprised though, all you can do on here is antagonise a situation and it's not the first time you have had a go at me!

Go and troll somewhere else:sneaky2:

That's what you took out of that?

Seriously not surprised though, all you can do on here is antagonise a situation and it's not the first time you have had a go at me!

Go and troll somewhere else:sneaky2:

I'm afraid so Stephen, I say what I see!

If that doesn't sit well with you then that's a shame, I apologise!

It'll take a while but you will eventually get over yourself.