what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

3 hours ago, Stihl123 said:

It's a Rima...

They make the rock machinery processor 

But this is a bigger one which I don't think u can get over here from anyone as yet 

14hp 

Did you import directly then?

how do you find 14hp, sounds a bit underpowered? What kind of money?

8 hours ago, doobin said:

Did you import directly then?

how do you find 14hp, sounds a bit underpowered? What kind of money?

yeh, sure did. imported 2 of them, one for a mate, did the same with the mill too

been ok so far, never used a PTO one before so can't comment, video is of oak going through, what do you reckon? 

cost wise, just under £5k including the log deck and some spares 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stihl123 said:

yeh, sure did. imported 2 of them, one for a mate, did the same with the mill too

been ok so far, never used a PTO one before so can't comment, video is of oak going through, what do you reckon? 

cost wise, just under £5k including the log deck and some spares 

Saw looks OK-ish- it's pretty small diameter timber. Ram is slow compared to a PTO model, that'll be the bottleneck.

But an utter bargain at that money!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doobin said:

Saw looks OK-ish- it's pretty small diameter timber. Ram is slow compared to a PTO model, that'll be the bottleneck.

But an utter bargain at that money!

Yeh ok, good to know

Maybe next time 🙃

Log deck is utterly brilliant 

Hydraulic powered too and all done from same controls on processor 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2024 at 10:20, doobin said:

Cheap sawdust extractor works a treat. Husky blower, 5” suction hose, ducting brackets and some sealant and self tappers. 

IMG_3589.jpeg

I’m in the market for a small PTO processor. Is that a JAPA 355/ 365? I’ve been looking at these because I’d prefer lefthand elevator. How do you find it🤔

1 hour ago, dan blocker said:

I’m in the market for a small PTO processor. Is that a JAPA 355/ 365? I’ve been looking at these because I’d prefer lefthand elevator. How do you find it🤔

I had no idea the elevator side was different! I’m pretty sure it’s a jappa 355+, whatever that is. Al I know it it was £4500 plus vat and five miles away, we got there first!

Its great. Will run on just 26hp. Fast splitter action. With the .325 bar and Oregon low profile chain it’s quick to cut also. It’s taken a while to iron out some niggles, but now we have the sawdust extraction working it’s right how we need it. It’s worst habit is the slide blocking up with dust and crap, so the ram never properly returns and starts heating up the oil- hopefully the extractor will sort the worst of it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_6291.thumb.jpeg.4f3e2f0cddc7a878a361d2d672fc1890.jpegIMG_6290.thumb.jpeg.e2dd92898b8b47474404af075317fb38.jpeg

Just been testing my new MS251C

with easy start to relieve my poor arthritic wrists.  Game changer for me. 16 inch bar made light work of this Ash ready now to be split with the “Lockdown home built processor “ still going strong after several mods

• Like 6